Incredible Covers! (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since it's so very hard to spend any time on a computer without finding something fascinating on YouTube (or similar websites), I felt the urge to post one of the things that I find to be incredible as far as music videos go.

It's no secret that I am a big fan of classic rock. Obviously there is a whole new generation of people who had adopted this style of music as there own.
But when it comes to cover songs, most mucisians tend to be purists, feeling that an EXACT copy of an original song completely takes the 'art' from the music.

I can certainly understand that. However, I also feel that the level of accuracy in perfecting every detail of an original score is an art form in itself!
Some of the kids I've subscribed to (on YouTube) who have demonstrated their amazing talent to reproducing some of these rock classics are beyond incredible to me.

I'm sure that many here will already know some of the musicians that have posted some of their stuff on YouTube, but I'd just like to use this thread to give some big time props to any real quality cover that someone may want to post here. I'll start with two exceptional covers which I feel are done PERFECTLY!
:9:

These are of such good quality they would make GREAT karaoke songs! In fact I've belted out the lyrics to these tunes many times in recent months! :hihi:

Last edited:
302259MS

That's a nice cover of Layla. I'd give half this forum's left nuts to be able to play guitar like that. Interestingly, as much of a guitar god Clapton is, it's Duane Allman who played lead on Layla.

If it would be welcome (I'll let Bill decide since it's his thread), there's a flipping fantastic part of an SRV interview where he shows how to play the same song in the Clapton style or the old Blues style. It's amazing the way he could make the guitar just take on a different voice in 5 seconds without even thinking about it.

Frankly, I never posted these videos because I necessarily thought the original artists were the greatest at what they do, but rather that there are such talented people in this world that can take such well known classic songs and reproduce the sound and style so perfectly that you could mistake it for the original (until it's time for the vocals to come in).

Example:
Listen to jun626 perfectly reproducing George Harrison's classic, "Here Comes The Sun"

Yes Kat, I'd also do practically anything to play the guitar with this kind of skill,... possibly with the exception of practicing every day for about 20+ years like all the great guitarists.

Oh well,... "one day", right?!? :scratch:

Last edited:
If it would be welcome (I'll let Bill decide since it's his thread), there's a flipping fantastic part of an SRV interview where he shows how to play the same song in the Clapton style or the old Blues style. It's amazing the way he could make the guitar just take on a different voice in 5 seconds without even thinking about it.

I'd be happy to see posted anything that shows great musical talent.

And Stevie Ray Vaughn was indeed GREAT! :9:

That's a nice cover of Layla. I'd give half this forum's left nuts to be able to play guitar like that. Interestingly, as much of a guitar god Clapton is, it's Duane Allman who played lead on Layla.

Hey hey hey...leave my nuts out of this KK

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZoX6Q0UK8A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZoX6Q0UK8A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

It's pretty early in the video. I still remember driving up MoPac to work in Austin the day they announced he died on the radio. It honestly took a while before I could actually believe it wasn't some really sick radio prank.

I'd love to see (hear) some good covers of the Shadows if anyone can find them. Hank Marvin is a true master of the guitar as well.

This is one of my favorite covers

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unOWPDzgUqU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unOWPDzgUqU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not sure if someone has posted it or not(I can't see the videos), but a band by the name of Shinedown does an AMAZING job at covering "Simple Man"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom