Incredible Covers! (1 Viewer)

as i was never big into Rush i can't say that it is incredible but it sounds really good to me...plus you know, Les Claypool and Danny Carey are in it

Was good until the vocals came in.

The "Dragon's Lair" graphic was pretty cool (1:30ish). If I had a quarter for every token that I pumped into that machine at the Putt-Putt arcade in Metairie, I'd have a mass quantity of quarters.

I wouldn't go so far as to call this incredible - but I like the vibe (Ray always brings the vibe). The CeeLo vocal is perfect, but this one is pretty cool too.

You want covers, for your late Friday night enjoyment check this show out. Back in December of 1996 The Black Crowes closed out the North American leg of their tour with a show in Vegas where they played a set with twice as many cover songs as originals.

An Elvis opener with an all Stones encore, with songs in between from Traffic/Joe Cocker, Dylan, ABB (with Warren Haynes sitting in), Lil’ Feat, Otis Redding, Ry Cooder, and The Band.

This was a really cool show for fans that caught multiple shows, but probably also a sign of their perpetual dysfunction (they didn’t play any songs off the album they were promoting). As a bonus you get to see Chris Robinson in his heroin and overalls phase (he wore the same pair for most shows in 96 & 97).

Enjoy!

This was from the David Z Foundation fundraiser and it is just superb! David Zablidowsky (playing guitar in the on the bus parts) was killed in a freak traffic accident while on tour with Adrenaline Mob.

If you are a Queen fan, Marc Martel is the absolute bomb. The guy is the best there is of Freddie. No one even a close 2nd. He actually was the voice of many songs sung in the movie. Saw him in concert July 2019 at Hard Rock is Biloxi. Was very lucky to get to see him. Went with a friend that was a huge Queen fan and followed Queen from when they first started. He said he would pay $100’s of dollars to see Martel, but was happy to have only had to pay $20.

Hopefully one day, I will get to see him live once again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom