Vegetables-
Aloo Gobi
Saag Paneer

Starters-
Samosas
Pakoras

Finish it off with the vodka ice cream, think it’s called Kulfi

Tandoori chicken.
Yes, I have had that. Love it. I love all the basic stuff like butter chicken and tikki massala too. Tonight will be my first time trying the Vindaloo.

Also, I had some spinach paneer that was pretty fantastic. Some sort of okra as well....And a chickpea dish. All fantastic.

Ive only had it a few times. I liked the first I had (some place on Vets aint dere no mo) Had something really spicy. I went to Nirvana a few times on Magazine. Not that impressed. The one thing I noticed I don't like about the dishes I had is that Indians way over cook chicken it would seem. I have had some dishes where the chicken was cooked almost to a powder. I hope it isn't like that always.

Ive only had it a few times. I liked the first I had (some place on Vets aint dere no mo) Had something really spicy. I went to Nirvana a few times on Magazine. Not that impressed. The one thing I noticed I don't like about the dishes I had is that Indians way over cook chicken it would seem. I have had some dishes where the chicken was cooked almost to a powder. I hope it isn't like that always.
It's only ever been tender and delicious to me. The spices they marinate with really tenderize the meat.

Proper vindaloo should be really spicy (IMO). It's really good. Good choice on the goat.
Yes, I had the choice of chicken, lamb, goat. Went with goat, because goat is friggin 'awesome, and it's rare I find a restaurant that serves it around these here parts lol.

Yes, the guy warned me it is very spicy. Can't wait.

Place on Vets was likely India Palace. They were pretty good. Indian food is actually one of the few cuisines that can stand up to a buffet type of service and their lunch buffet was quite good. Always ordered off the menu at dinner - also very good.

Taj Mahal on Metairie Rd used to be quite good as well, but I haven't been there in years. Hopefully they have held up.

But, now I see that the OP in Mississippi, so that might not help him tonight.

Northern Indian differs slightly than Southern Indian food. Both are very good, but there are some stylistic differences between the two. Do a little research on it if you have some time to kill,

And yes, a good Vindaloo should make you sweat at least a bit.

Enjoy!

I love Lusuni Gobi. At least at the bay leaf in BR. Lamb Padanda, Chicken Tikka masala, and pretty much any kind of naan they'll make me are also great choices.

Huge Indian food fan. Before we moved from Alexandria VA to Charleston, we ate Indian buffet every weekend. My kids ate it in the womb and they’ve been eating it ever since.

It’s a party in your mouth.

Granted it's not for everyone, but I absolutely love it!!

Fortunately, I've had some great Indian friends and have had fantastic meals with them.... They introduced me to the home cooking, ala going have gumbo at MawMaw's house, and have enjoyed every moment.

we eat a lot of indian food...mostly because were indian but my wife started an instagram for her cooking if anyone is interested (@cookingcurescoronablues). heres a couple of pics: one is of her butter chicken and the other is of biryani.

Attachments

• IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom