Indiana Jones 5? (2 Viewers)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the one hand, I'd like to see them redeem the hot mess that was Crystal Skulls.

On the other, there's a very real possibility that it would be even worse than Crystal Skull. Maybe much worse.

Thoughts?
===============================================================

At the age of 71, Harrison Ford is eager to reprise his role as Indiana Jones.

The actor has played the adventurous archaeologist in four movies, most recently 2008's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," and he admits he would love to put on the character's fedora one more time. Ford acknowledges his advancing years might be a factor on set, and he would have to rely on a stuntman for the more energetic scenes....................

Harrison Ford wants one more go as Indiana Jones - MSN Movies News

Spaceballs_2_poster_by_ComputerGenius.jpg

In you notice that in several Mel Brooks movies he mentions a sequel (Spaceballs -- Spaceballs 2), (History of the World, Part 1). Yet he NEVER makes a sequel.

Another recurring gag is the "Walk this Way" line. (The Producers, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, History of the World, Part 1, Robin Hood, Men in Tights).

If Spielberg wanted to make another Indiana Jones movie, it would be time to hunt down another actor and place the setting once again in the 40s. The "I'm not quite over the hill" act didn't work at all, though it wasn't the main failing of the film. Actually, it was one of the least of the failings. Cate Blachett's horrid fake Russian accent, Shea LeBouef, the entire stapled on Close Encounters plot, the large mostly silent Russian heavy, the rip-off demise of the main villian straight from the original, etc., etc.

Still, Ford simply is much too old for the part now, plain and simple. If he were to play Jones again, he would have to be the side-kick to a younger main character the way Sean Connery was in the Last Crusade (heaven FORBID Shea LeBeouf being that main character!!!).

Early on in the movie he breaks his hip trying to do some heroic move, and the rest of the film is him coming to grips with living in a nursing home. He hobbles around telling people he found the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail, but no one believes him and they all think he's senile.

THE END.

Indiana Jones and the search for the Fountain of Youth.

He needs Nazis to be the main villian. Ark and Final Crusade were the most succesful.

So it will have to be something about him stopping the rising of the third reich again....

Maybe the setting is the 1950's and a certain Dr who fell off a chair and hit his head creating a flux capicator and the Nazis find out....hmmmmm

SIDE NOTE....isn't he supposed to be in the New Stars Wars movie?!?!? Hans Solo delivers a crystal skull to Indiana Jones??

According to The Big Bang Theory, Indiana Jones was totally irrelevent in Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Nazi would have found the Ark and opened it anyway, and they would have all died. So he wasn't needed.

I would say Spoiler Alert, but anybody who has seen it by now, shame.

According to The Big Bang Theory, Indiana Jones was totally irrelevent in Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Nazi would have found the Ark and opened it anyway, and they would have all died. So he wasn't needed.

I would say Spoiler Alert, but anybody who has seen it by now, shame.
God I never thought about it like that before, but it's an excellent point.

Thanks for ruining a great movie. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom