Indiana Jones 5? (1 Viewer)

He's got his wheels ready...

Attachments

• Old-Indiana-Jones-in-a-Wheelchair-42290.jpg
    Old-Indiana-Jones-in-a-Wheelchair-42290.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 12
If there's another one, they have to get an entirely new Indy and send him back to the 40s or earlier again. They already tried to do a kind of transition to Lebouf in the last one and it failed miserably. If Ford wants to be in a new IJ movie, his only role should be to have a flashback that leads us to the main film, or something. It'd need a reboot to be any good.

Was Indiana Jones 4 not enough to ruin this franchise?

The more sequels they made I think it proved the first one was the best.
They've never came close to recapturing the greatness of Raiders and never will.

The last one felt like they were trying to please the fans more than anything. Look! We put Marion in it! Isn't that what you wanted?
Indiana Jones much like the Star Wars films should have never ever been touched after the third one.

it's a go
====================================================

NEW YORK (AP) — "Indiana Jones" is swinging back into theaters with Harrison Ford reprising the iconic role and Steven Spielberg directing.

The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that the fifth film in the action adventure series will open July 19, 2019. The last "Indiana Jones" movie was 2008's poorly received "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," which co-starred Shia LaBeouf as Indiana's son. It followed a nearly 20-year gap in the franchise after 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"...................

'Indiana Jones' to return with Ford and Spielberg

Indiana Jones and the choice between Eliquis and Warfarin.

make it stop, Ford could barely do his stunts in TFA, its time to either find a "new" actor or kill the series

The need to look at what worked so well in The Force Awakens with him playing Han again. There were no "I'm too old for this stuff" jokes. He was the same butt kicking character he always was, just older.

Sorry but I couldn't stop laughing when Han and Chewbacca were running on Takodana evading laser fire. He looked like he was about to trip over his own feet

oh the great cliffhanger adventure serials of the 40's, crystal skull didn't quite have that vibe but it wasn't entirely terrible. If ford hits the gym he might be able to outrun the blowdart shooting natives back to the floatplane,provided the jungle humidity isn't to intense that is. No harm in trying to recapture the magic,hope it rocks when it does come out.

jaime-lannister.gif

It could work if they have him kidnapped and a much younger person is tasked to find him and goes through the adventure but then that would be serious trolling of epic levels.

They could also put in him into the Sean Connery role like in Last Crusade where he didn't do much physical stuff and still be a pivotal part of the movie.

A few thoughts. Although most didn't like IJ4, critics by and large actually gave it positive reviews (78% on Rotten Tomatoes).

Why is that? I think for all the somewhat stupid things (ants eating a person, swinging on vines, and nuking the fridge), by and large the IJ franchise has always been a little about suspending belief. Put aside the religious possibilities of the ark and grail and aliens, but think about other things that simply don't make logical sense (surviving a fall from a plane with a raft, a plane breaking it's wings off and traveling through a tunnel, elaborate ancient blowdarts shooting out, ripping out a living heart with no worries about instant death, etc, etc).

So I think there's a little bit too much emphasis placed on the failings of IJ4 once we were 20 years removed from originals. In 2008 the world was connected and clearer it seemed. We weren't yet in the Twitter age, but we were in the MySpace and Facebook age at least, so we all became critics rather than taking something for what it is. In the early 80s, the thought of cell phones alone wasn't even considered. So I think IJ4 was, in many ways, what IJ 1-3 were, which was fantasy.

So I'm not too worried about IJ5. Maybe it will suck. Maybe it won't. I'm not sure. I'd suspect they try and pass the franchise on to someone else since they've said they don't want to go the James Bond route of new actors in the same role (though you could argue 007 is merely a code name for the "elite").

Whatever it is, I'm just going in hoping to be entertained. I'm not expecting a documentary or a cinematic masterpiece, because the IJ series never was one IMHO, even before IJ4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom