Indoctrination begins Sunday (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My girlfriend will be watching her first ever Saints game Sunday (I did make her watch the first quarter of the Dome Opener on Tivo. I bought her a pink Saints hat and black saints shirt to wear. She's from Peru, and knows very little about the sport, but she's coming to the sports bar to watch on Sunday.

If she wants a ring, she'll learn how to get into those games. Wish me luck in my brainwashing project.

She may know little about the sport, but if you feed her a good dose of beer, she'll be a Saints fan by half time. Use futbol analagies to help her understand what you're gonna brag about during the game. :)

Good luck. Before we got married my wife didn't know the difference between a nickelback and quarterback. Now she's right beside me either at the game or in front of the TV. In the first year of our marriage she'd ask "Why did that great big man knock the little man down when he just trying to throw the ball?". 10 years later she asks "Why didn't Brees throw to his check down man on the five yard out?".

Well, the good news to come from today is that we have a successful conversion. Football "took" with my girlfriend. After she started understanding the rules, by the end of the game, she was yelling at Copper for the drop, then for the fumble. She just told me that we may have a problem because she was flipping channels and enjoyed watching the Sunday night game. She can't wait for next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom