Indoor / outdoor WIRELESS camera system? (1 Viewer)

I've been using the Arlo system for a few years now and I'm satisfied.

Take a look at Blink System. They were recently purchased by Amazon. I got in when they were on kickstarter. The camera shows a beautiful picture with sound. They just started making an outdoor camera. They are battery powered and you should only have to replace the batteries 1 or 2 times a year. www.blinkforhome.com

Last edited:
Thanks Saintamaniac! I will be going with blink and apparently the batter is 2 years now.

Take a look at Blink System. They were recently purchased by Amazon. I got in when they were on kickstarter. The camera shows a beautiful picture with sound. They just started making an outdoor camera. They are battery powered and you should only have to replace the batteries 1 or 2 times a year. www.blinkforhome.com
i concur. i have 5 outside, and they are fantastic. arlo blows ( i have 2 of the pros).

I never heard of blinks. How far from the router are your cameras? Is there any lag in frame rate due to wifi? Can you read license plates on the street?

i concur. i have 5 outside, and they are fantastic. arlo blows ( i have 2 of the pros).
My Arlo cameras are for show. It's a complete waste of $500. They won't hold a charge for more than 36 hours or so. It's really irritating.

Doesn't Amazon also own Ring now? What's the difference between the two? I mean other than that Ring is actually a doorbell too.

Last edited:
I just ordered two Blink systems for home and office. 5 indoor and 3 outdoor for $600 delivered. Got a promo code in the mail for 20% off orders over $150 until 7/31: austin20

I saw they have a video doorbell now, but I already have a Ring. Does anyone know if it can be added to the Blink system?

Does the blink only record when motion activates it? Or can you record 24/7?

@zeetes you have one, can you give some details. Thanks.

Last edited:
Amazon has their own camera's as well, with a two way speaker. I'd also prefer the indoor cameras to have IR capability. So, trying to understand the differences between the two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom