Whodie I'm a Saints fan
- Dec 13, 2006
- Reaction score
- Gert Town
Please PM me if you're interested and we'll go from there.
The Maintenance Mechanic II position exists to install, maintain and adjust plant and warehouse equipment in order to maintain efficient operation of the facility. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this individual must be able to remain fully attentive of their work surroundings while working at a steady pace to support daily operations of the production and warehouse areas. Individuals must be able to multi-task, adapt to various work assignments, keep their work area clean and follow all safety and Good Manufacturing guidelines. In addition, individuals must work well with others in a supportive team environment in order to meet production quality and quantity standards, while reducing waste and rework and minimizing downtime. Other responsibilities include:
· Performing mechanic duties including troubleshooting, changeovers, and repair of production and facility equipment. Has the ability to perform mechanic duties on 50% of the production lines.
· Performing predictive and preventive maintenance according to established procedures.
· Reading and interpreting blue prints and manuals.
· Training employees to identify basic mechanical issues and repair as necessary.
· Training employees in the appropriate operating procedures for processing and filling equipment to optimize Process Reliability.
· Adhering to safety procedures/GMP and ensure a safe work environment.
· Participating in team/department meetings, actively offering suggestions.
· Participating in continuous improvement and high performance teams.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
· Vocational education or Technical Degree/Certification as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic preferred.
· A minimum of 2-3 years of mechanical job experience; food processing equipment experience preferred.
· Experience working on power systems including drives, gearboxes, power train required.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows required.
· Experience in running basic machine shop equipment required.
· Ability to diagnose and correct mechanical problems required.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally required..
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to business needs required.
· Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others required.
· Ability to work in a dusty environment with strong odors required.
· Ability to work overtime on a frequent basis and on weekends as required by scheduling/production demands required.
· Ability to climb stairs, bend and stoop required.