Indy To Challenge NOLA for SB LII (1 Viewer)

correct on the hotel issue.

They have like 1/6th the rooms available ( 5600 in the downtown area ) that New ORleans has.( 33,500 )

I will say that the City is set up much like N.O. in that everything is close proximity ( bars, restaurants etc ) however, we went in 2007 when games were played in RCA Dome still, which was just on SW side of the City. I think the new place is several miles from Downtown Indy.

Couple that with possible extreme winter weather, and it puts a damper on the outside NFL activities the week leading up to game.

Lucas is just across the street from where RCA used to be......and many more hotels have already been built SINCE last Feb. We dont have as many hotels as NOLA obviously, but infrastructure and market held the visitors just fine in other ways....

Indy got a SB because of their new stadium. That doesn't mean that they're now in the regular rotation. Also, I have a suspicion that because of the 11 year gap of SBs held in New Orleans because of Katrina, the NFL will want to get back here as soon as reasonably possible. I'd be surprised if NO didn't get the nod to host to coincide with the 300th Anniversary of the city.

True....new stadium was reason we EARNED right to hold first one, but after the game the NFL, Goodell, and all media said it was an AMAZING experience in Indy and they would def be back and not just a one and done.

Hold ur horses everyone.

Before you can bid on a SB, the NFL must invite you to submit a bid. I believe that will happen at the next owner's meeting.

I do not care what Goodell says, i would not put it past the NFL to not invite the Saints to bid as a punishment for the power and a punishment for Bountygate. The man is a known liar. Let's see how it goes down.

While I hate goodell as much as the next guy around here what would the benefit be by denying New Orleans from bidding for the Super Bowl? goodell is all about making MONEY for the nfl. Keeping Super Bowls from being played here is not in the best interest of the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom