Indy To Challenge NOLA for SB LII (1 Viewer)

Hence the Saints longstanding rivalry with the Babylon Hammurabis.

I'm glad we don't play the Hammurabis any more. One late hit on their quarterback and Brees would be in trouble.

Not to mention the Hanging Gardens Arena is in terrible need of an upgrade. It's in almost as bad a shape as the Georgia Dome.

Nerds......................j/k :hihi:

Hold ur horses everyone.

Before you can bid on a SB, the NFL must invite you to submit a bid. I believe that will happen at the next owner's meeting.

I do not care what Goodell says, i would not put it past the NFL to not invite the Saints to bid as a punishment for the power and a punishment for Bountygate. The man is a known liar. Let's see how it goes down.

You hold your horses. I spent two days down there, read everything there was to read concerning the week leading up to the game, and not one complaining article, in fact the opposite was true. People were saying that it's stupid to have it anywhere else. And these were just media. If they enjoyed themselves that much, how much do you think the billionaire owners were?

There is a reason we have had it 10 times, face it, no one puts on a superbowl like New Orleans. It will happen. Book it.

Indy got a SB because of their new stadium. That doesn't mean that they're now in the regular rotation. Also, I have a suspicion that because of the 11 year gap of SBs held in New Orleans because of Katrina, the NFL will want to get back here as soon as reasonably possible. I'd be surprised if NO didn't get the nod to host to coincide with the 300th Anniversary of the city.

regardless of venue or weather, ive heard indy was a much more difficult city for basic logistics like hotel rooms.

ive heard denver will be bidding on this one as well

Yeah... I just got back from Denver on Saturday.

All the sports news channels there were talking about their push to bring the Superbowl there in 2018. They were mentioning that with the game going to a winter climate in New York next year, they should have no problem getting a legitimate shot to host.

Personally I think the NFL already knows that an open air venue like New York in February is going to be a disaster. They HAVE to wait until after the New York game to see how that 'experiment' will turn out before giving any serious consideration to another outside 'winter' game.

Yeah, the biggest problem with the 2005 SB in Jax was the lack of hotel rooms to accommodate the influx of visitors. From what I remember, it got destroyed in the press for this.

I got trapped over there for a week during Ivan and all I remember was there was nothing to do but go on a Budweiser tour. It was not until the 2nd to last day when I discovered St. Augustine that I was not bored completely out of my mind. My forever memory of Jacksonville is that the bridges were pretty at night.

Jim Miller did a hatchet job on the Superdome on Sirius NFL radio this morning. Even going so far as to say New Orleans should never get another Superbowl until they build a new stadium. What a jerk. He'll ramble along for a while and sound like he knows what he's talking about then come out with some statement that has no relation to reality. Think he took too many shots to the head as a player.

Jacksonville was an absolute bomb in everyone's opinion. I think as much as climate, what helps us is Hotel industry, already set up to welcome tourists and proximity of everything. Oh yea, the food is nothing to be mad at either.
I was living there during that time, People were staying on ships they had to bring in. it is a terrible commute to the stadium. Only attraction in the city is "The Landing", on the water. downtown is Boring as hell. The beach is too far. You are in the Hood as soon as you get of off the Mathews bridge on both sides. Only good restaurant is Gumbo Yaya's on beach blvd. which is too far from downtown. The city would fail miserably because the is no local entertaining value. NFL simply can't make money there and they like money. I guess a positive about Jacksonville is that there is NAS Mayport and Jax there as well as The Wounded Warrior Project headquarters. People would be able to see soldiers in the Wounded Warrior Track program, which i graduated from and won the spirit award.:9:

I got trapped over there for a week during Ivan and all I remember was there was nothing to do but go on a Budweiser tour. It was not until the 2nd to last day when I discovered St. Augustine that I was not bored completely out of my mind. My forever memory of Jacksonville is that the bridges were pretty at night.
Me and the wife love St. Augustine and its haunted culture. Did you go to the lighthouse and the Fort. best, cheap, old beach motels ever. whenever we stay at a older beach motel, we pretend its 1975. just feels that way.

Jim Miller did a hatchet job on the Superdome on Sirius NFL radio this morning. Even going so far as to say New Orleans should never get another Superbowl until they build a new stadium. What a jerk. He'll ramble along for a while and sound like he knows what he's talking about then come out with some statement that has no relation to reality. Think he took too many shots to the head as a player.

Adam Schein rebutted him each and every time. at one point he told Miller " Miller...i couldnt disagree with you more". lol

Me and the wife love St. Augustine and its haunted culture. Did you go to the lighthouse and the Fort. best, cheap, old beach motels ever. whenever we stay at a older beach motel, we pretend its 1975. just feels that way.

I saw the Fort and went on a wine tour. Had I found it sooner I would have done the golf HOF and more. Congrats on the award and thank you for your service! I guess good (no great) things are happening in Jacksonville after all.

He just one of Skip Bayless puppets. Nobody listens to him.

Maybe someone needs to remind Indy what happened the last couple times they challenged us.

I thought the Indy Super Bowl was thought to be a failure. Apparently TE lack of hotel rooms downtown was a huge problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom