Indy To Challenge NOLA for SB LII (1 Viewer)

I think Indy did fine hosting their SB and I think they will get the one in 2019. Nola will get 2018 because of its tricentennial, which is a big deal. Couple that with the fact that everybody has the most fun in NOLA (fact) and Goodell screwed Mr benson and the other owners know it and feel he deserves their vote.

Not me! I mean, sure I would go if the Saints played in it but Miami was far too spread out. We couldn't get rooms in Miami so we stayed in Coral Gables. It was nice but the action was at South Beach, a $50 cab ride each way. The stadium is in a not so nice section of Ft. Lauderdale.

Then to top it off, they ran out of beer in a lot of places! :no:
(Does anybody have the letter to the editor of the S. Florida paper that said something along the line of "You think you have enough, but you don't." They obviously didn't read it and heed its warning.)

really? My group got a hotel right on south beach for about $200/night, just using expedia. didn't even book too early either.

I do agree though that Miami was too spread out. The stadium is so far away.. after the game we got stuck in a huge traffic jam trying to party in south beach. turned out nobody even WENT to south beach (it was a huge ghetto thugfest...maybe it's like that every weekend night?) and all the footballl fans had gone to the team hotel areas, also miles away.

nobody does it like NOLA, period.

The other cities are going to use our rinky dink airport as their ammo. They are going to say it took forever to get out of the airport Monday because it is to small while they have the Hubs and manpower.

That might be the only thing against us is our airport.

The other cities are going to use our rinky dink airport as their ammo. They are going to say it took forever to get out of the airport Monday because it is to small while they have the Hubs and manpower.

That might be the only thing against us is our airport.

That might be a big problem for most host cities because the patrons can't wait to get out of town.

After a New Orleans Superbowl folks just trickle out of town because no one wants to leave.

:9:

I literally got home from Indy about 2.5 hours ago.

It was 19 degrees this morning. Nineteen degrees.

Indy in 2018 vs. NOLA in its tricentennial year? No effing contest.

Hence the Saints longstanding rivalry with the Babylon Hammurabis.

Dr. Egon Spengler said:
Sumerian. Not Babylonian.

egon.jpg

After a New Orleans Superbowl folks just trickle out of town because no one wants to leave
A lot of people, if they could make it work, made it a week and are staying for Mardi Gras! There are plenty of other things to do around here! What else is there to do in Indy? [crickets]

Not to mention the Hanging Gardens Arena is in terrible need of an upgrade. It's in almost as bad a shape as the Georgia Dome.

Pretty sure Chariot Motors bought the naming rights to the old HGA.

Indy rated very high actually.....

Being a Saints fan who lives in Indy and was around for the super bowl planning and activities.....the NFL and the media LOVED Indy. So I dont know where people are getting their info that the hotel rooms were problematic, or that the media had issues setting up sets. All NOT TRUE. They are still talking about how our NFL Experience (Super Bowl Village as well) up here broke all attendance records in the history of event. And that was with cold temps! Kind of hard to ignore straight numbers and facts. We won alot of "points" by having all activities and team facilities all within walking distance of each other downtown, and no one needed cabs to get around. But in the end I dont care where it is as long as Saints are in it and destroy! GEAUX SAINTS!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom