Indy To Challenge NOLA for SB LII (1 Viewer)

my question... where would you want to spend a week of your life in late-Jan./early-Feb... Indy or NOLA?

and yeah... sure they won't use the outage in the lobbying efforts. I believe them (not)

regardless of venue or weather, ive heard indy was a much more difficult city for basic logistics like hotel rooms.

ive heard denver will be bidding on this one as well?

If not New Orleans then I would want Miami again. That place was so awesome for the Saints Superbowl. Although I wouldn't mind Houston because of distance. Would also be fun to win it in Atlanta, but they will not be getting a Superbowl any time soon.

Jeff Duncan tweeted a good point that SB 52 will be same year as New Orleans' 3,000th anniversary as a city.

Nola will get the 2018 super bowl unless the NFL has to follow through on a bribe for a new stadium. Otherwise it is a no brainer and it will happen. We did awesome this year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

From what it sounds like the TV Networks hated INDY. To much work in building the sets. I think it is safe to say our only competition could be Miami.

Houston, Traffic nightmares.

Dallas, Well Jerry can't count seats.

No contest... SB will be in NOLA in '18. They can use the outage as ammo it won't matter. The fact is it happened ONCE.

my question... where would you want to spend a week of your life in late-Jan./early-Feb... Indy or NOLA?
Hmmmmmmm. You mean a weekend full of beautiful temperate weather with an occasional bout of rain or a weekend full of parkas and gloves and scarves and possible knee deep snow? Tough call.

I've learned that the SB is less about the 3.5 (or 4) hours of actual game play venue than everything that happens throughout the city OUTSIDE in the weather for the week leading up to it. It's really only about the inside venue for the 100 K or so who are in actual attendance and, of course, for the teams themselves. Which leaves out any northern clime so that would also take care of the outdoor-stadium problem.

Why does NOLA have to wait until 2018? Is there some rule about how many years we have to wait?

The process takes a few years.

The owners have already selected the 2016 finalists Miami and SF with SF reportedly guaranteed to get 2017 if they do not beat out Miami for 2016.

Both the 16 and 17 host cities are scheduled to be announced this May.

So the bidding process for 2018 is the next one due to take place.

The process takes a few years.

The owners have already selected the 2016 finalists Miami and SF with SF reportedly guaranteed to get 2017 if they do not beat out Miami for 2016.

Both the 16 and 17 host cities are scheduled to be announced this May.

So the bidding process for 2018 is the next one due to take place.

I think the first round of bids is in October this year for 2018 though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom