Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (4 Viewers)

Has computer chip manufacturing started up again? I know that has been an issue with the prices and availability of a lot of things.

bclemms, the $2.81 I paid this weekend otw back from NOLA is almost where I thought we'd be end of August. If we were to have bet, I think I'd have won, by Oct 1, we should see 2.50.

That is probably the bottom, but we aren't there yet I don't think.
I closed my long position on oil after a fast bounce up and when markets hit 50% retrace from lows. I knew the rally was going to be short lived but didnt expect it to move that fast. Was expecting it to hold off until after Labor Day.

I think the whole economy is about to hit a rough patch but it has to happen.

bclemms, the $2.81 I paid this weekend otw back from NOLA is almost where I thought we'd be end of August. If we were to have bet, I think I'd have won, by Oct 1, we should see 2.50.

That is probably the bottom, but we aren't there yet I don't think.
I dont know where the bottom will be. Lot of things about to start happening and it will depend how deep the cuts in the economy go. Europe and China are in deep trouble and I really think the US isnt far behind. If we are looking at a global recession then oil is going to go a lot lower.

I dont know where the bottom will be. Lot of things about to start happening and it will depend how deep the cuts in the economy go. Europe and China are in deep trouble and I really think the US isnt far behind. If we are looking at a global recession then oil is going to go a lot lower.

You never know. The market operates off of perfect information and it's quite likely the very aggressive action from the fed coupled with fuel price drops and the somewhat normalization of supply lines could avoid any tremendous crash at least in the US.

Winter is coming and Europe isn’t getting Russian gas. Europe could look like late 70s US fuel shortage except it will be natural gas and the entire grid that suffers. Burning coal and spinning up nuclear might be their solution. Easy to be green when natural gas is cheap.

China seems poised for a crisis. Banking issues, real estate issues, risky foreign debt, on-shoring and diversification by the US, etc.

Part of me feels like the US is the most insulated and comes out even better off. Part of me feels like the world drags us down.

Winter is coming and Europe isn’t getting Russian gas. Europe could look like late 70s US fuel shortage except it will be natural gas and the entire grid that suffers. Burning coal and spinning up nuclear might be their solution. Easy to be green when natural gas is cheap.

China seems poised for a crisis. Banking issues, real estate issues, risky foreign debt, on-shoring and diversification by the US, etc.

Part of me feels like the US is the most insulated and comes out even better off. Part of me feels like the world drags us down.

Honestly, I really don't care about any of that when it comes to the US.

This is how it can be really summed up.
Pick one: Inflation or recession

The FED and consumer chose inflation in 2021 and early 2022. It ran too hot and now the fed is having to force recession or face runaway inflation and a catastrophic crash. Consumers have spent record savings and are taking on debt at a record pace. It's really obvious where this is headed. I've been saying after Labor Day is where we would see it all start to falter. I think we're starting to see it. Energy and commodity prices are crashing, massive inventory spikes in discounting in retail, home prices stalling or even falling and now it will start working its way through the travel and service sectors.

We are going to see a slow down. When you get a slow down after long economic runs, there will be some bubbles popping. How deep that runs is anyone's guess.

This was discussed heavily on WWL radio today. China and Europe are looking at a future crisis. I've mentioned it
before in other threads. I'd have no problem living next door to a nuclear power plant. Modern plants will not
melt down like Chernobyl.

This was discussed heavily on WWL radio today. China and Europe are looking at a future crisis. I've mentioned it
before in other threads. I'd have no problem living next door to a nuclear power plant. Modern plants will not
It's probably safer than living next door to an electrical power plant.

Takes years to get up and running as I understand it, though. Nuclear energy is a long-term part of the solution, definitely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom