Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (2 Viewers)

True. But perhaps the Chinese have developed a way to make it illegally from the intellectual property they stole to make it affordable for them.
This country can't make anything affordable because we don't make anything anymore.
I fixed this for ya...

Interesting observations in this piece. The premise is that if you're noticing significant uptick in prices on platforms like Uber and DoorDash, it might not just be inflation. These companies and many like them (including other 'disrupters' like Casper mattresses and Hello Fresh foods) have entered the stage of their development where they can no longer run in the red on the basis that venture capital has funded them with a long view toward their profitability. These funding dynamics for startups over the past 20 years resulted in a sort of subsidy to customers who used them. And the party is over.

Jesus Christ Entergy! That’s brutal. I don’t think I would be that upset about it if your app worked & these daily outages would not happen.

I fixed this for ya...
I hear people complain about stuff not being made in the US anymore, but they are the first ones to complain about the price of said product if it is double Same goes to the ones who are so mad about illegal immagrants, but yet if produce doubles in price, they'd have a hissy fit..

I hear people complain about stuff not being made in the US anymore, but they are the first ones to complain about the price of said product if it is double Same goes to the ones who are so mad about illegal immagrants, but yet if produce doubles in price, they'd have a hissy fit..
The US has priced itself out of being competitive with the rest of the world. No company is going to be able to turn a profit with the labor costs as it is in this country. It’s a vicious circle where people need to make more income to cover the cost of products and services that companies must charge to stay in business due to the rising cost of materials & labor.

It would take a reverse split to make US manufacturing more affordable for the rest of the world. I believe that companies outside the US would love to do business with US companies. It just doesn’t make monetary sense to do so. So they buy where the labor to make things is cheaper (or cheapest).

The US has priced itself out of being competitive with the rest of the world. No company is going to be able to turn a profit with the labor costs as it is in this country. It’s a vicious circle where people need to make more income to cover the cost of products and services that companies must charge to stay in business due to the rising cost of materials & labor.

It would take a reverse split to make US manufacturing more affordable for the rest of the world. I believe that companies outside the US would love to do business with US companies. It just doesn’t make monetary sense to do so. So they buy where the labor to make things is cheaper (or cheapest).

Yep.. tbh i started really becoming disenchanted with America around 2015 / 2016 when all the real poltical insanity stated occurring , and now with all the gun violence, the general expense of living here and myriad other problems- im itching to try living in another , more inexpensive country.. i realize ur post was more directed towards companies and labor costs, but just on an individual level, life in the US for most is way too expensive and stressful.. but i have nothing to compare it to since ive never lived in any other country.. i want to see what it would be like to live on less $$ in maybe South America or Southeast Asia .. we’ll see if i can make it a reality, or if it will just remain a pipe dream- no place is a utopia, but there has to be a better way than this ’working to live’, ‘keeping up with the Johnsons’ mentality (?)

Encapsulated here?

Interesting observations in this piece. The premise is that if you're noticing significant uptick in prices on platforms like Uber and DoorDash, it might not just be inflation. These companies and many like them (including other 'disrupters' like Casper mattresses and Hello Fresh foods) have entered the stage of their development where they can no longer run in the red on the basis that venture capital has funded them with a long view toward their profitability. These funding dynamics for startups over the past 20 years resulted in a sort of subsidy to customers who used them. And the party is over.

they have moved into the "insurance space"

You do realize that the average monthly salary for a Chinese factory worker is about $400? Yes, a month.

Its impossible to compete against those kinds of labor costs so I don't buy your argument that the US has "priced" itself out of the global market unless you are in favor of paying US factory workers $1.36 hour... The avg hourly wage in China is $1.36 hr vs $28.00 hr. You couldn't even get an illegal that cheap.

Why did big US corporations move to China? The US Government said they could as long as they reported the profits in the US, you know for tax purposes. Come on...

I work in manufacturing. The company for which I work produces about 1/50 of our larger competitors.

Even at 1/50th the production the company made an $800,000,000.00 profit. Not revenue. (Imagine Our competitor's profits) Our lowest paid employee makes over $22 per hour. You can make money in the U.S. while paying a living wage. CEO's make about 350x what their average employee's wage but it's the employees who are overpaid in this country. The problem is that capitalism demands more. Publicly traded companies are required to stick it to both the employees and the customers in order to maximize profits. Only the shareholders matter. Everybody else must pay

I work in manufacturing. The company for which I work produces about 1/50 of our larger competitors.

Even at 1/50th the production the company made an $800,000,000.00 profit. Not revenue. (Imagine Our competitor's profits) Our lowest paid employee makes over $22 per hour. You can make money in the U.S. while paying a living wage. CEO's make about 350x what their average employee's wage but it's the employees who are overpaid in this country. The problem is that capitalism demands more. Publicly traded companies are required to stick it to both the employees and the customers in order to maximize profits. Only the shareholders matter. Everybody else must pay
Yes, US companies do make money even with the higher costs to produce their wares in this country. What I didn't make clear in my post is that a US company couldn't make a profit if they had to sell their products for the same price the foreign manufacturer can sell theirs.

The target consumer for most US companies are the ones willing to pay extra for the 'Made in the USA' label.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom