Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (14 Viewers)

Wasn't sure where to put this...
So, Cali has plans to go completely electric....and now they are asking people not to charge up their electric cars for fear of blackouts.

Wasn't sure where to put this...
So, Cali has plans to go completely electric....and now they are asking people not to charge up their electric cars for fear of blackouts.
Yeah, that's kind of not really the whole story but it makes for great click bait.

So the state is asking people to conserve electricity between the hours of 4pm and 9pm until Thursday. This includes setting air conditioners up to 78 degrees if able, not using small kitchen appliances, limiting hot water use, turning off pool pumps, not charging electric cars if it can be avoided and a list of other things.

They are also using the new flex energy plan where the grid can pull power from things like electric cars, battery storage and solar while the people that are signed up get paid up to 140% of the market price for the power.

Why is southerners capitalized and in quotes?
I don't know. I hope quotes and capitals don't bother you. I guess I am keenly aware that I am geographically far from most of the posters . It's all @SamAndreas 's fault. He kept encouraging me to participate here and eventually I took his advice. BTW..I enjoy your posts on my tennis thread.
One more thing....
My daughter is in her 3rd year of college in Virginia.
She openly tells my wife and I she now likes Virginia better than NJ.

Last edited:
That's correct.
Have a great Thursday everyone.
Yeah, I found out the hard way several years ago. Took a drive a little north into NJ and stopped to get gas. I got out to pump my gas like I had done since I started driving, and I about got tackled by a couple of attendants. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom