Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So i filled up this am - $59.25 - 2 weeks ago it cost me $48 and some change.

Yesterday, bought tenderloins- last time i bought it was roughly $17.99 per pound ( CHoice ) and $25.00 ( Prime ) - it was $29.99 for Choice and $37.99 for Prime.

cost-push inflation is here.

Yep, I work from home so I have grocery/cooking duty. Last week I went to grocery store to buy weeks worth of meals to cook, normal cost $100-$125, new cost was $210.

$3.09 for 87 just now for me.

Heating oil prices for winter will be a huge issue real soon I suspect.

it was $3.60 for 93 octane- just a week ago it was $2.99

Yep, I work from home so I have grocery/cooking duty. Last week I went to grocery store to buy weeks worth of meals to cook, normal cost $100-$125, new cost was $210.

yeah my wife came home from Winn Dixie yesterday and handed me receipt saying " i already know you are gonna wanna see it" ( because normally its around $130-140- it was $206 ) We tend to buy the same things weekly from there- up $60~ )

if this continues for an extended period of time ( 3-4 weeks ) and looks to continue past that, folks will start adjusting consumption and REAL changes to discretionary spending will happen.

Not really surprising to me relying on other countries for most of our things in the US. normal life now.

We dont rely on other countries for staples.

This is domestic and domestic alone. It has to do with supply chain issues, logistics and demand. We snapped back to buying/consumption waaay faster than anticipated. Suppliers, for a myriad of reasons, simply cannot staff.

Wife/I/youngest went out to eat Saturday night. We went to Isabellas Pizza- small mom/pop place in a strip mall.

ONE - ONE waiter. had 8 tables going- Amid all that, constant foot traffic for doordash/grubhub/uber eats- So this puts a strain on the kitchen. They cannot anticipate the volume from week to week- so they wont hire help , and honestly who will work their ARSE off on fri/sat just for 5-6 hrs per day at $10/hr?

To add, we waited 30 min for the food, so i asked the young man whats up- he said the other waiter/ress quit last week and they cant find replacement. So its just him.

And its not just Isabellas. Its everywhere up and down from suppliers to end users.

Somethings gotta give and when it does, it could be cataclysmic

So i filled up this am - $59.25 - 2 weeks ago it cost me $48 and some change.

Yesterday, bought tenderloins- last time i bought it was roughly $17.99 per pound ( CHoice ) and $25.00 ( Prime ) - it was $29.99 for Choice and $37.99 for Prime.

cost-push inflation is here.

You and your 1st world problems :hihi:

You and your 1st world problems :hihi:

Yeah i didnt think of it when posting - sounds crass when i read it back.

But its indicative of a broader overall issue affecting me much less than those on a REALLY tight budget and ultimately cause me ( and everyone else ) to re-assess my monthly expenses which will, in turn affect the overall economic health. Its a downward spiral once it gets going, which is where i was going with the overall theme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom