Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (1 Viewer)

LOL

i have same convo w/ my 11 year old Acura TL at 297,000 - just 12 more months PLEASE.
Yep. I have a 2009 TSX that has around 144k miles. Right before lockdown in 2020, I was looking at new cars. I am really glad I couldn't find anything I liked. I drive on average 20-50 miles per week now. I would be really irritated to have a car payment on something that is sitting around collecting dust. In September, they closed our office for good while they search for a smaller and cheaper office space for us here to meet the new demands which they don't anticipate having until next summer.

I am not even entertaining the idea of a new car until we at least have an office I might have to drive to once a week. Also really glad I don't have to drive much because gas in California is not cheap at all and my car requires premium.

Yep. I have a 2009 TSX that has around 144k miles. Right before lockdown in 2020, I was looking at new cars. I am really glad I couldn't find anything I liked. I drive on average 20-50 miles per week now. I would be really irritated to have a car payment on something that is sitting around collecting dust. In September, they closed our office for good while they search for a smaller and cheaper office space for us here to meet the new demands which they don't anticipate having until next summer.

I am not even entertaining the idea of a new car until we at least have an office I might have to drive to once a week. Also really glad I don't have to drive much because gas in California is not cheap at all and my car requires premium.

20-50 miles a week????

i wish. lol.

I will say this- after 8 years of constant griping, my company is officially opening an office Jan 1 on the Northshore. So for the first several months i will work there/southshore, alternating days with the expectation that within 1 year i will work exclusively out of the Northshroe office.

At which point i could ride a bike to work!!!!!

So id fill up on Sun and not fill up again for a good 10 days. ( and like you, my car is geeked out on 93 octane )

20-50 miles a week????

i wish. lol.

I will say this- after 8 years of constant griping, my company is officially opening an office Jan 1 on the Northshore. So for the first several months i will work there/southshore, alternating days with the expectation that within 1 year i will work exclusively out of the Northshroe office.

At which point i could ride a bike to work!!!!!

So id fill up on Sun and not fill up again for a good 10 days. ( and like you, my car is geeked out on 93 octane )
Yep. I drive it to the grocery store and the occasional outing or errand but that's really it. I do not miss traffic, driving all the time, etc. at all.

went to the Dollar store today (don't ask) and now almost everything is 1.25. Dollar Twenty Five store just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Its not the root cause. Im sure that money creation plays a role.

but at the end of the day, the consumer, doesnt see the "new money" as the issue.

I just quoted an HVAC client- 2019 Chevy 2500 - needing $1,000,000 CSL ( liability limit ) for contractual obligation. Has current coverage that just jumped to $7100 annual. The NEXT BEST PRICE? $8333 annual.

Now, thats ONE PICK UP TRUCK he uses in business to come to your home to repair/install. First, that cost is double what it was a mere 3 years ago. I could write that at $4400.

Now you start to pinch this same guy at the pump, at the grocery, at the supply house - and that $7100 looks like $9000. So what does he do? Well when you call him to come look at your AC, instead of $95 service charge, its $125. So you call another. then another til you find the guy willing to do for $95 ( which is what you are used to paying )
Meantime he just lost your business. Repeat this 4-6 times a day. Now his revenue is dropping because of price point.

It all sno-balls.

Trucking is even worse. I dont know how LA based trucking companies/operators even make a living. And thats JUST INSURANCE costs- nothing else that affects their ability to earn a living.
It's " Build Back Better " administration.

Insurance costs in Louisiana have ZERO to do with current administration.

( that is unless you are for regulation ;) )
I know , but who do you blame for the rising cost of everything ( not just the insurance companies , that makes no sense ) ?
Besides the thread asks about inflation and rising costs , I say it's whoever is running the country .

I know , but who do you blame for the rising cost of everything ( not just the insurance companies , that makes no sense ) ?
Besides the thread asks about inflation and rising costs , I say it's whoever is running the country .
so are you saying there was no inflation or rise in costs before 2021?

Ohhhhhhh...you looking for someone to blame.

( but from your post, you already found a place for blame )

Maybe take some time to invest in learning about how domestic and global economics work instead of just looking to lay blame at someones feet.

That will help you understand just how intertwined the global economy is.

so are you saying there was no inflation or rise in costs before 2021?
No I'm not , but it is record highs and inflation highs ever in this country , again , the thread sounds like everyone is complaining about the extremely increasing high rate of inflation . I can't recall that happening in 2020 . < ( people complaining about the price of gas , food , etc. ... )

Thats WHY i can afford $200 racquet- im driving a 12 year old car with no note lol ( btw -- i play with 2- 3yr old Head Type S racquets- both of which i bought used for $75 a piece lol )

I thought it was you last year who said they’d been playing with an expensive Wilson ’Steam’ or ‘Blade’ or somehting? Must have been some other Northshore -dwelling, Egg Roll House-eating insurance guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom