Informative and good Teddy article... (1 Viewer)

What a great article. Makes me love and appreciate Teddy even more. Thanks for sharing it with us Rowjo ?

very nice article. Teddy brings A LOT of intangibles for a franchise QB, that far too many guys are missing. Leading a team is far more than just throwing a ball... I hope Drew can go out on top this season so that Teddy can take over in 2020, because as someone who's followed Teddy's career, he's actually not quite back to where he was when his knee was destroyed, so 2020 Teddy is only going to be better. Right now, he's probably at late season 2015 form. the Pro Bowler who went 11-5 and a game winning drive vs. the SB champ Seahawks in sub-zero temps before Blair Walsh missed a 27-yd FG. to start 2016, he added about 15 pounds of muscle and in the preseason games of August 2016 he showed all the signs of a Year 3 QB who took that step, with a strong long ball, and Barry Sanders-like juking ability. And then days before the season started was the knee injury.

Vikings were scared off by the medical recommendations of their people on Teddy's knee, and passed on his 5th year option and got Kirk Cousins instead. Teddy has run, juked, and been pounded and rag dolled since then. His knee is as good as anybody's, Vikings were 100% wrong and severely underestimated Teddy Bridgewater. and they'll have to pay that price because if they're in the playoffs vs the Saints, it'll be IN the Superdome, because of Teddy's 5-0 run.

That settles it - Drew needs to sit back down and let Teddy finish out the year!

[I'm not crying, you are!]

How blessed are we to be witnessing these kind of players and this kind of team!

Who Dat!

Multi-millionaire starting nfl qb rides a bike to the game. I understand being frugal and saving money but damn. This young man deserves a serious contract after this year (maybe Denver or Chicago).

I like Teddy , i do . i was in his corner when a hell of a lot thought we would be going down in flames , but brilliant ? Can't agree with that. He did a good to very good job of managing the game , not making mistakes and making some throws when we needed it. I give him all the credit for that but our D was pretty amazing in that 5 game run. They didn't give him any kind of real deficit to overcome plus Kamara and Murray played extremely well also . I won't take anything away from TB but I wouldn't call it brilliant

Good read. Like many I was struck most by Teddy's intangibles. I didn't know much about his game when the Saints gave up a third rounder to get him from the Jets. I vaguely remembered watching him in college and some of his games with the Vikes. I thought the injury he sustained might have finished him as a starting QB in the league.

But soon after he arrived, well before he ever got on the field, it started to become apparent that his teammates really loved this guy. As did the coaches. And while he didn't post hugely impressive performances in preseason or in his lone start last year, it was clear he was a leader, a guy who wouldn't make dumb mistakes and could make some throws to help the club win. I was not surprised to find out he's close to Bill Parcells as TB is very much a Parcell's type of QB in the mode of Phil Simms--not the most dynamic player but a leader and a winner.

In that way he is like Brees, though Brees is all intensity and maniacal preparation while Teddy seems to run cooler and is not as possessed as Brees seems to be. Either way I've seen enough to hope that Teddy sticks around to take over from Drew whenever he might step aside. It's obvious we can win with him and it's obvious his teammates and coaches love playing with him. I think he'll mature into a very good starting NFL QB, especially running an offense tailored to his strengths by Sean Payton.

Thanks OP for posting this! It was great! I think Teddy will get better the more he plays.

very nice article. Teddy brings A LOT of intangibles for a franchise QB, that far too many guys are missing. Leading a team is far more than just throwing a ball... I hope Drew can go out on top this season so that Teddy can take over in 2020, because as someone who's followed Teddy's career, he's actually not quite back to where he was when his knee was destroyed, so 2020 Teddy is only going to be better. Right now, he's probably at late season 2015 form. the Pro Bowler who went 11-5 and a game winning drive vs. the SB champ Seahawks in sub-zero temps before Blair Walsh missed a 27-yd FG. to start 2016, he added about 15 pounds of muscle and in the preseason games of August 2016 he showed all the signs of a Year 3 QB who took that step, with a strong long ball, and Barry Sanders-like juking ability. And then days before the season started was the knee injury.

Vikings were scared off by the medical recommendations of their people on Teddy's knee, and passed on his 5th year option and got Kirk Cousins instead. Teddy has run, juked, and been pounded and rag dolled since then. His knee is as good as anybody's, Vikings were 100% wrong and severely underestimated Teddy Bridgewater. and they'll have to pay that price because if they're in the playoffs vs the Saints, it'll be IN the Superdome, because of Teddy's 5-0 run.

So you would rather have Drew retire and Teddy be our quarterback next year than have Drew sign an extension?

Whatever the future holds for Teddy, being with us here in New Orleans or with another team ( not the Falcons)

I'll be rooting for him. He's forever a Saint, and I'm forever a fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom