Ingram and Hightower (1 Viewer)

More like Thunder and Thunder. Outside of a few runs, those guys were getting physical and seemed to relish that fact.

Bringing that ol skool football back. I love it. Thats the way you run the rock. Starting Hightower is what Ingram need to light his fire. Keep feeding those guys to get pressure off Brees.

Thank you for rushing the rock SP. Thank You!!

Yes.

We played one of history's worst run defenses yesterday. Those calling for us to suddenly be ground and pound are getting way ahead of themselves.

Hightower with more carries than Ingram again. Embarrassing.

Yes.

We played one of history's worst run defenses yesterday. Those calling for us to suddenly be ground and pound are getting way ahead of themselves.

I don't agree with that. Ingram and Hightower compliment each other perfectly.

It may have been a get well game for them going up against the Niners leaking defense but it came along at the perfect time and those guys delivered big time.

Both of those guys are very capable running backs and I'm happy that they suit up for the Saints every week..............:9:

I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves a bit. While I thoroughly enjoyed the running game yesterday, it was no secret that the 49ers are the worst run defending team in the NFL. But, hey, I'll take it. If it gives everyone on the team more confidence to stick with it, I'm all for it.

The Saints HAVE to keep it going this week. They said last night that Denver has the 24th ranked run defense and it may even be worse after last night's game.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We did play an absolutely horrendous run D yesterday. However, I like what I'm seeing from both our backs, especially Ingram with a nice confidence booster yesterday.

Hightower has been steady and reliable. Ingram has always been a good back though he's had problems breaking runs. Great back? Maybe not. But he's a strong, bruising runner and shows he has decent burst as he did on that 75 yard TD run. People calling for his head will have to wait another week.

I was actually very disappointed with the coaching staff yesterday when, at the end of the game, they left Ingram in. They should've put Hightower in so we could have 2 running backs with 100+ yards in the same game. He only needed another 13 yards.

Horrible run D or not this is the NFL & anything can happen-they did have two weeks to prepare.

I was actually very disappointed with the coaching staff yesterday when, at the end of the game, they left Ingram in. They should've put Hightower in so we could have 2 running backs with 100+ yards in the same game. He only needed another 13 yards.

I really don't think they were thinking about how good the stats would look

We played one of history's worst run defenses yesterday.

And? We still outperformed their Run D's average by like 75 yards. They were allowing around 175, and we got 250. It's not like they were allowing 175, and we only got 130 and thought "WOW! Over 100 yards! This is great!"

I'm so impressed with how the two seem to push each other....it's like a sledgehammer pounding over and over again. I like the combo.

Why embarrassing? We ran for almost 250 yards, averaged 5.9 ypc and had 38 minutes TOP in a road game. I'll take that kind of embarassment every week, please.

Well because the guy with who averaged 3.8 per carry got 8 more carries than the guy who averaged 10.5 and broke a 75 yarder in the 2nd quarter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom