Ingram contract details (1 Viewer)

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Signing bonus: $4 million
Total guaranteed: $6.5 million
Base salary: $2 million (guaranteed)
Base salary: $4 million ($500,000 guaranteed)
Base salary: $5 million

Signing bonus: $4 million
Total guaranteed: $6.5 million
Base salary: $2 million (guaranteed)
Base salary: $4 million ($500,000 guaranteed)
Base salary: $5 million
So the signing bonus is guaranteed, as is the $2 million this upcoming season and 1/8 of his base salary next year? He essentially signed a deal where the Ravens could cut him at the end of this upcoming season and only have to pay a $500.000 price tag? Dude got hosed!

Ç'Mon man! We lost Ingram to this deal?! I'm sorry that is a big screw up. I get it about his agent, but this should not happen--ever. If there is something I would criticize the Saints organization over in the Loomis era it would be poor communications in negotiations. I don't know if it's a deliberate tactic, but too often we hear about free agents who don't hear much from the club, then receive a "take or leave it" offer at the last minute and, in the jumble, the deal gets torpedoed and the guy we wanted walks and ends up signing for less somewhere else.

I understand losing Ingram if he wanted big guarantee or $7 million a year or something. But this is chickenfeed. He's more valuable to us than his to the Ravens and they got him for less than we are paying his journeyman replacement. SNAFU.

Theres word saying Mickey was offering less guaranteed money, I just dont see where he would be offering less than that..

Mark's agent tried forcing us into 7+ a year and we called his bluff, he had to settle for ALOT less.. Mickey wouldve matched that contract in an instant

Man, did he overplay his hand. That is easily a contract the Saints would have matched. Sad.
This is what annoys the crap out of me about this. You know this was all his agent's doing trying to squeeze every penny out of the Saints for his last contract and then it backfired and got less than we'd have most likely offered him in the first place.

There is something more to this story. What was the rush for the saints to go sign another RB while still in talks with Ingram? Because Loomis believed an agent's supposed bottom line? Loomis isnt that dumb.

That makes no sense, everyone who negotiates for a living knows what a game of liars poker it can be. Something happened we do not know. I hope it wasn't personal, I have seen many negotiations go sideways when one party or the other gets angry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom