Ingram following the TD.... (1 Viewer)

NOPE.

As a graduate of playground ball, your first statement is totally wrong. He said it rhetorically about the 49ers defense. It's the equivalent of asking your defender 'why are you trying to guard me because you're not on my level' or 'what are you smoking that you think you can keep up with me'. It's 'what's wrong with you? You and I know both know you can't handle me'. 'You don't belong on the field me with me? Are you serious?'

In that moment, he was saying that the 49ers are stupid for even thinking they were going to catch him on that play.

I'm with you 100% on this. Ingram has been the consummate professional since coming here, never saying a bad thing about his team, teammates, coaches, etc. He knows that getting benched is what happens when you have back to back games with very important fumbles lost. He also knows that you get your job back by playing like he did yesterday. He was given the opportunity when they could've just stuck with Hightower and boy did he take advantage of it.

To think that he's actually talking **** about the coaches after punking the 49ers D on that run is just silly.

LMAO...ok man

If we were talking about a player that wasn't just benched for an entire game, I'd believe that.

As a graduate of playground, high school, and college ball, I have never once heard a player that phrase in that context, especially from one that just made one of the best runs of his career a week after losing his starting job.

You're entitled to your opinion but if you continue to listen he keeps going and his teammates join in with him. Did they all get benched? Or more likely, they're talking about the opponent directly in front of them, the 49ers.

You're entitled to your opinion but if you continue to listen he keeps going and his teammates join in with him. Did they all get benched? Or more likely, they're talking about the opponent directly in front of them, the 49ers.

Or, even more than likely, he has teammates that also believe in him and were pumped to see him prove that he belongs on the field and not on the bench for an entire game.

I really feel as though people have black and gold glasses on with this one. Ingram is a passionate individual coming off one of the most humiliating moments of his career. You really think he didn't have some built-in animosity towards the staff for benching him? It was a redemption moment for him and the adrenaline from the moment caused him to speak out.

I respect your opinion though, and we will just have to agree to disagree.

I'm sure most of you heard the audio. I'm not gonna repeat it or post a link but it's out there if you don't know what I mean. Anyway, I wonder who he was referring to, his team or the 9ers?

Really? Someone would take that as a negative towards the Saints? :jpshakehead:

Bet if say Kuhn had said the same thing, it'd be no big deal right?

Or would we hear about it for the next month...

Don't even go there man.

That would be the equivalent of Ingram yelling "What the **** wrong with these (rhymes with slackers) man?!"

If he were to do that, he'd get the same backlash Kuhn would for saying the n-word.

If the word's offensive, it's offensive. (which it is)

Yes it is, but the reality of the world we live in, or I should say, the country we live in, is that a black guy can get away with saying the N word on a loud boom-mic but a white guy won't and in this particular context, a black man would not get away with saying the c-word or the h-word in the same situation.

If Ingram were to yell, what the **** wrong with these hon**** man!"; you don't think he'd get in any trouble?

Bet if say Kuhn had said the same thing, it'd be no big deal right?

Or would we hear about it for the next month...

That's ironic that you would mention Kuhn. He's called a derogatory term every time he touches the ball. (starts with 'c', kind of rhymes with Kuhn).

The late George Carlin, who I quote quite frequently in the appropriate places, once had an insightful view of the context of words and how they're used. He covered the N-word once as well. And anyone who admires his insightfulness the way I still do remembers he was an equal-opportunity critic of the left AND the right. Friends, fellow Who Dats, countrymen...there's a whole 'nother world that exists on the gridiron than in civilian life. And that carries over into language. As long as the ones who dress in black and gold are "all in" for winning games, I truly don't care what they say to each other on the field.

Don't even go there man.

That would be the equivalent of Ingram yelling "What the **** wrong with these (rhymes with slackers) man?!"

If he were to do that, he'd get the same backlash Kuhn would for saying the n-word.

Um, crackers?

Pretty sure there is exactly zero white people who would seriously be offended if he yelled "crackers" from the PA system.

Anybody red-thumbing this just doesn't understand the lingo.

Go ahead, carry on pretending he was asking the 49ers defense what was wrong with them. I guess it ultimately doesn't make a difference to me.

Red thumbs is probably the worst thing to ever happen to this forum. It stops discussion. Seriously, why not say what your difference of opinion is rather than hiding behind a red thumb?

While I agree he was most likely talking about the coaches. Pouting about red thumbs is ridiculous. Why do you care so much about having your opinion validated?

Um, crackers?

Pretty sure there is exactly zero white people who would seriously be offended if he yelled "crackers" from the PA system.

Cracker is okay, but I draw the line at Honky Lips! lol

9371a27a12d9b9ac08247b65c1ac8271.jpg

If Ingram were to yell, what the **** wrong with these hon**** man!"; you don't think he'd get in any trouble?

It might get mentioned, but it wouldn't be covered on ESPN for 2 weeks like the reverse.

Anyways, I don't use the word. Offensive is offensive.

Anyone that thinks he's talking about anyone other than the coaching staff is being naive. He was hyped, he said the n word (in the context he used it in, it's just a vulgar alternate word for "dudes"). I'm sure he regrets it; let's move on.

I play a good deal of sports/ or played.

In that moment.....after a long TD run if i could add some context

"*** wrong this these ***** (They ain't F***** with me) would be somethign I'd say and would apply to the opposing team. Doesn't fit the coaching staff narrative especially when it came after a good run against a defense who else would he be talking about other than the D he just ran all over and by lol.

Big Reach

Almost like whom else would Sherman have been talking about after shutting down Crabtree in the endzone. The emotion was brought up by the play and was intended for whom the play was made on. Similar situation.

With that being said its a 50/50 proposition...it's not hard to fathom he could be talking about the coaching staff...just seems unlikely

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom