Ingram Post from Reddit - Interesting (1 Viewer)

I personally think the people who believe Hightower is the better back is crazy. Ingram just needs to get his fumbles fixed, which as the op stated, have never been a problem before the last two weeks.

The question is why is Ingram feeling the need to press? Both fumbles have come with him trying to extend 3-4 yard runs for an extra yard or two instead of going down and ending the play.

Seems to be trying to do to much. Could Lasco be breathing down his neck?

The question is why is Ingram feeling the need to press? Both fumbles have come with him trying to extend 3-4 yard runs for an extra yard or two instead of going down and ending the play.

I dont think it's about him losing his spot. I think it's simple. Ingram himself, probably knows that he's under preforming and feels the need to go the extra mile with his opportunities. It's a case of putting way too much on your shoulders.

I actually don't think so. I just think he's actually trying too hard. He just needs to relax and play with confidence. He'll come around, I think.

Seems to me that the big thing on the table here is speed.

Ingram isn't fast. He has a great 10 yard split. But he doesn't burn people. Leave them in the dust on the way to a 40 yard touchdown run, shaking people, stiff arming, etc.

Hightower seems to have more of that ability. And Lasco certainly is a great athlete.

But Ingram isn't. If he was, if he had more big energizing runs, he'd be looked upon more favorably.

Just how I see it.

But Hightower isn't fast either. hell, neither was Pierre Thomas. only running back on our roster with that kind of ability is Lasco, and we haven't even seen him flash that yet.

A lot of criticism Ingram gets on this board is because he goes down easily with the first tackle and doesn't try to fight for more yards. It sucks that he fumbled, but he is doing what ppl on this board wanted him to do which is fighting for those extra yards. I think he is just in a slump right now confidence wise.

I dont think it's about him losing his spot. I think it's simple. Ingram himself, probably knows that he's under preforming and feels the need to go the extra mile with his opportunities. It's a case of putting way too much on your shoulders.

Interesting. The narrative in this thread suggest he isn't really under performing but is a victim of the offense and overreacting fans. So where would the impression come from that he's under performing...if he wasn't indeed doing so.

Just an interesting thought but Payton has consistently talked up Lasco as not receiving more carries because He's holding him back. Out of respect for the vet Ingram maybe?

On the reverse..he also said that about Spiller but he never left Spiller in to block on 3rd downs either. We've seen Lasco excel in protection in each game the last few weeks.

FWIW there was some hesitancy in Lasco's game yesterday on that Toss that I didn't like. Felt like he could have turned and burrowed for a few tough yards. Instead he kind of party caked to avoid initial contact...b4 getting pushed out

Interesting. The narrative in this thread suggest he isn't really under performing but is a victim of the offense and overreacting fans. So where would the impression come from that he's under performing...if he wasn't indeed doing so.

Just an interesting thought but Payton has consistently talked up Lasco as not receiving more carries because He's holding him back. Out of respect for the vet Ingram maybe?

On the reverse..he also said that about Spiller but he never left Spiller in to block on 3rd downs either. We've seen Lasco excel in protection in each game the last few weeks.

It was funny hearing the commentators talking about Lasco being a rookie and that he might struggle with pass blocking or something along those lines. Next play he picks up the blitz and is able to block 2 guys at the same time. Was awesome.

As mentioned in this post Ingram just seems to lack i would say explosiveness. He doesnt seem to move as fast as a guy like Hightower/Lasco when he has the ball in hand.

I think Lasco is dope, and will continue to carve out a spot on O. He's just got too many people in front of him at the moment. I think if anyone should fear Lasco, I think it's Cadet. I think Lasco can be that satellite back that theyre trying to put Cadet into. His injury history may also be playing into his usage, or lack there of. I hope he gets more opps moving forward, though.

FWIW there was some hesitancy in Lasco's game yesterday on that Toss that I didn't like. Felt like he could have turned and burrowed for a few tough yards. Instead he kind of party caked to avoid initial contact...b4 getting pushed out

I think that's just being a bit nit picky. He's a rookie and still finding his way. Once he gets more carries consistently, you'll see good things out of him.

I think Lasco is dope, and will continue to carve out a spot on O. He's just got too many people in front of him at the moment. I think if anyone should fear Lasco, I think it's Cadet. I think Lasco can be that satellite back that theyre trying to put Cadet into. His injury history may also be playing into his usage, or lack there of. I hope he gets more opps moving forward, though.

Disagree whole heartedly but I'm done harping on that. Lasco is not a WR/RB who can flex out wide and threaten defenses running WR routes. Wasn't his game in college and wasn't how we used him in pre-season. He's fine with backfield routes but he's no David Johnson,Reggie, or Sproles.

Ok. Seriously.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE SEEN THIS?

How many times have we seen back-up running backs outperform Ingram?

How many more times will it take for the stubborn to come to grips with reality.

Ingram is just ok, nothing more and its been made obvious on multiple occasions that we can do better.

Crazy...

Ingram is a talented runner and like the OP said, most of his hate o distain is based off his lack of elite speed and big play ability as he is more like the type of back that needs to be feed the ball (a Workhorse) and will break a few long runs but he is not the type of back that stats depend on his long gains as he is a more methodical runner who can wear down a defense.

Ingram is a talented runner and like the OP said, most of his hate o distain is based off his lack of elite speed and big play ability as he is more like the type of back that needs to be feed the ball (a Workhorse) and will break a few long runs but he is not the type of back that stats depend on his long gains as he is a more methodical runner who can wear down a defense.

So he's average. Ok got it.

No other back we've had needed all that including a very similar skilled PT.

We've changed our whole blocking scheme just for ingram and ate a big bowl of medi-okra for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom