Ingram switches to #22! [Jersey #'s for new players] (1 Viewer)

I wonder if some kind of "I'll give you the number if you pay for this" deal was worked out between Ingram and Lewis

Typically that's how it works. Especially when it's an older player/younger play issue. Not that Keenan Lewis is that much older, but he did just get a $26 million dollar deal and Ingram is still on his rookie contract. Usually it's only a few thousand dollars.

Deuce, actually, wanted to wear 22 when he came to the Saints (you know, "Deuce" and all). Fred Thomas wouldn't sell his number to Deuce though and Deuce kind of had to suck it up since he was a rookie. I'm trying to remember but I think one time some team's (not us) Punter or something refused to sell his jersey number to some big free agent and caused an uproar.

Couldn't find that story, did find this interesting paragraph
"In the summer of 2004, during Feagles' second season with the New York Giants, he offered newly-drafted quarterback Eli Manning his #10, which was the same number that Manning wore in college. In exchange, Feagles and his family received an all-expenses paid vacation to Florida paid for by Manning. Feagles offered a similar number trade with newly-signed wide receiver Plaxico Burress. Instead of an all-expenses paid vacation, Feagles opted to have his kitchen remodeled and paid for by Burress. In exchange, Feagles let Burress wear #17. The kitchen was remodeled, but Burress never paid the bill. "He basically stole my number," Feagles said.[2]"

I know changing numbers doesn't mean increased production but I am glad for this move. I wanted him to do it last year. I never liked the #28 on him even if it was symbolic in terms of where both he and his father were drafted. But #22 looked great on him in college when he drew comparisons to Emmitt. Here's to hoping that he plays like Emmitt this year and beyond!

Typically that's how it works. Especially when it's an older player/younger play issue. Not that Keenan Lewis is that much older, but he did just get a $26 million dollar deal and Ingram is still on his rookie contract. Usually it's only a few thousand dollars.

Deuce, actually, wanted to wear 22 when he came to the Saints (you know, "Deuce" and all). Fred Thomas wouldn't sell his number to Deuce though and Deuce kind of had to suck it up since he was a rookie. I'm trying to remember but I think one time some team's (not us) Punter or something refused to sell his jersey number to some big free agent and caused an uproar.

Couldn't find that story, did find this interesting paragraph
"In the summer of 2004, during Feagles' second season with the New York Giants, he offered newly-drafted quarterback Eli Manning his #10, which was the same number that Manning wore in college. In exchange, Feagles and his family received an all-expenses paid vacation to Florida paid for by Manning. Feagles offered a similar number trade with newly-signed wide receiver Plaxico Burress. Instead of an all-expenses paid vacation, Feagles opted to have his kitchen remodeled and paid for by Burress. In exchange, Feagles let Burress wear #17. The kitchen was remodeled, but Burress never paid the bill. "He basically stole my number," Feagles said.[2]"
Hell i want to become a punter in the nfl and sell my number to a bigtime free agent :hihi:

Burress..thug life :hihi:

I thought Ingram looked good in 28. I'm don't get the affinity for #22. It's an odd look on a jersey.

Clearly, he has been working on his speed and he wants his jersey number to reflect that on the field. I believe most of us can agree that football players wearing #22 look faster than those wearing #28.

Say what?:scratch:

Hell i want to become a punter in the nfl and sell my number to a bigtime free agent :hihi:

Burress..thug life :hihi:

In Burress' defense, shooting one's self in the leg can take your mind off a number of other matters :shrug:

I know changing numbers doesn't mean increased production but I am glad for this move. I wanted him to do it last year. I never liked the #28 on him...

Agreed. I feel the same way about Ivory wearing #29. His old #48 suited him MUCH better IMO. I wish he'd switch back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom