Ingram switches to #22! [Jersey #'s for new players] (1 Viewer)

Clearly, he has been working on his speed and he wants his jersey number to reflect that on the field. I believe most of us can agree that football players wearing #22 look faster than those wearing #28.

You should keep that quite. We don't need AP finding out about this. Could you imagine how unstoppable he would be in #22.

Clearly, he has been working on his speed and he wants his jersey number to reflect that on the field. I believe most of us can agree that football players wearing #22 look faster than those wearing #28.

I always thought #11 was the most aerodynamic number. I expect Fayson shaved .2 off his 40. But I agree that #22 is much better then #28. I also like #25 and #24, but not #20. I think it's the bulbous shape of some numbers which creates that sort of speed killing drag. :scratch:

Nah...This is probably something that has been in the works for awhile now, especially given the fact that #22 never got assigned last year. I forgot where I read this at, but it is a long process for a popular player to change a jersey #. If he had did it last year, he would have been responsible for paying for all unsold #28 jerseys.

I think that's only for changing his name ala Chad Johnson becoming Chad Ochocinco. But it wouldn't surprise me if the NFL did something like that for changing numbers too. There is at least a red cent to be squeezed out of players and fans by doing that, after all.

I always thought #11 was the most aerodynamic number. I expect Fayson shaved .2 off his 40. But I agree that #22 is much better then #28. I also like #25 and #24, but not #20. I think it's the bulbous shape of some numbers which creates that sort of speed killing drag. :scratch:

Barry Sanders disagrees

Ingram was 22 at Bama... couldn't get it when he got drafted because Porter owned it. Now he's able to get it so he jumped on the opportunity.

Lets see what 22 can do.

that explains a lot. an "8" is a very aerodynamic number. it doesn't has to open sides to catch wind and cause drag. wr's are usually lower numbers OR something starting with an "8"...but "9" and "5"...they are like wind scoops...no wonder defensive lineman and LB's are slower....AND, they have usually another number AFTER that number to slow them down.

it really is just simple science!!

lol

Yeah, Jared Lorenzen looked WAY faster than both Darrell Green and Marshall Faulk.

I think that's only for changing his name ala Chad Johnson becoming Chad Ochocinco. But it wouldn't surprise me if the NFL did something like that for changing numbers too. There is at least a red cent to be squeezed out of players and fans by doing that, after all.

I just found some info on the subject from when Adrian Peterson tried to change numbers...

Problem was, as he eventually found out, the NFL wasn’t ready for him to be ready for a change.

In a bunch of Twitter posts on Wednesday, Peterson told his followers that he couldn’t switch numbers because the NFL requires players to buy remaining stock of their old jersey before changing to a new number. According to Peterson, buying up his old jerseys would have cost him something in the $1 million range.

As per his Twitter (via ESPN):

"So I received a call and I was informed that I would (have) to buy all jerseys that's been produced (t)hus far!" Peterson wrote. "(And) the total amount that I would have to pay blew my mind!!!!!"

Vikings Adrian Peterson Can

You may have been the one person who sensed the sarcasm in my post. I suppose it is my fault for not putting at "LOL :ezbill:" at the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom