Ingram switches to #22! [Jersey #'s for new players] (1 Viewer)

Pai Mei

Very Banned
Reaction score
@MikeTriplett: RT @Saints: Mark Ingram has changed his jersey number from No. 28 to No. 22 #Saints

So, if Asomugha signs, I guess they will give him #20 and change AJ Davis' number.

Jersey Numbers for our newest Saints (Watson & Lewis)

Jersey numbers for the newest #Saints: CB Keenan Lewis (No. 28) & TE Ben Watson (No. 82)

RB Mark Ingram has changed his jersey number from No. 28 to No. 22

WR Jarred Fayson has switched from No. 86 to No. 11

Per Saints Twitter acct, @Saints

I wonder if some kind of "I'll give you the number if you pay for this" deal was worked out between Ingram and Lewis

Nah...This is probably something that has been in the works for awhile now, especially given the fact that #22 never got assigned last year. I forgot where I read this at, but it is a long process for a popular player to change a jersey #. If he had did it last year, he would have been responsible for paying for all unsold #28 jerseys.

Clearly, he has been working on his speed and he wants his jersey number to reflect that on the field. I believe most of us can agree that football players wearing #22 look faster than those wearing #28.

Edit: It seems not many people were getting the sarcasm in my post. I thought it to be obvious that I was kidding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom