Ingram vs Hightower (1 Viewer)

Ingram is better?!?!

Didn't mark ingram put the ball on the ground during the New England game? And who didn't fumble or had a turn over.

Besides Ingram likes to run hard when his contract is up.

ERMAHGERD!! Ingram fumbled once in a preseason game?? CUT HIM! /s Yes, Ingram is better. If that is your basis for who the better player is, then we have a tough decision to make as far as starting QB goes because Brees and McCown have the same amount of interceptions thrown in preseason.

I think Hightower is better right now. We will most likely stick with Ingram, but I thought Hightower ran harder and get more yards after contact than Ingram.

I completely disagree, the blocking has been terrible for every game except this last one. Ingram did good, and so did Hightower, but Ingram has proven it over and over. He is our guy and the bigger playmaker. I would keep Ingram, Hightower, Spiller, Murphy. If we keep 5 I like Lasco.

Igram, Spiller, Lasco, cut Cadet/Hightower/Murphy. I doubt any of them makes it to a 53, we can always pick one of them back up. Lasco seems to be a solid combination of Ingram and Spiller. He's got some quickness to him and he seems to be willing to take a hit. Reminds me of PT actually. Let someone with better hands learn to return. Murphy is ok but he's not so much better that he's earned a roster spot just for punt returns.

You really are demented if you think we only keep 3 RB's that and seriously messed up in the head.

we.have.had.this.discussion.every.year.of.Ingram's.career.

Give Ingram a solid OL and watch him have 2,500 all purpose yards.

No RB gets that and SP doesn't use one RB enough for that. Ingram is better but Hightower does more than just one, he's good in the passing game. The oline is not going to be better than last year so Ingram will run into those same problems he did last year getting stuffed on 1st and 10. Payton is gonna have to use Ingram more creatively because those teams know what play is gonna be run when he's on the field. And if the defense does not play well Payton will not get creative.

Hightower, however in those last four games three of them he did better yards wise on average than Ingram did all season. Was that the matchups though? Would Ingram have those yards too against those teams?

We prioritizing our RB is why our passing offense has had it's issues. We don't need an elite RB to win. Ingram does hold the passing offense back some.

In Hightower's best 3 game stretch he averaged 4.26 yards per carry.

Ingram averaged 4.6 yards per carry for the season.

Ingram also had a game last season where he led the team not only in receptions, but receiving yards as well. But yes, he is definitely one dimensional and is holding the passing game back...

:spit:

No RB gets that and SP doesn't use one RB enough for that. Ingram is better but Hightower does more than just one, he's good in the passing game. The oline is not going to be better than last year so Ingram will run into those same problems he did last year getting stuffed on 1st and 10. Payton is gonna have to use Ingram more creatively because those teams know what play is gonna be run when he's on the field.

Congrats on being stuck in 2013. Let me catch you up.

Ingram last year 166 rushes for 769 yards at 4.69 yards per carry. 50 catches 405 yards 8.1 yards per reception.

The great Sproles who the saints horribly screwed up and the team will never ever be the same without. 83 rushes 317 yards 3.8 yards per carry. 55 catches 388 yards 7.1 yards per carry

Would you like to try again?

Here throw in Hightower.
96 rush
375 yards
3.9 per carry
12 catches
129 yards
10.8 yards per reception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Hightower's best 3 game stretch he averaged 4.26 yards per carry.

Ingram averaged 4.6 yards per carry for the season.

Ingram also had a game last season where he led the team not only in receptions, but receiving yards as well. But yes, he is definitely one dimensional and is holding the passing game back...

:spit:

I love how you keep smacking them in the face with these stats to contradict their misguided and incorrect beliefs...Ingram is our best ALL AROUND RB...please stop the madness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we'll see a split load at RB with Ingram and Spiller alternating throughout the game. Hightower will be the forgotten man this year, but he's a great insurance policy.

ERMAHGERD!! Ingram fumbled once in a preseason game?? CUT HIM! /s Yes, Ingram is better. If that is your basis for who the better player is, then we have a tough decision to make as far as starting QB goes because Brees and McCown have the same amount of interceptions thrown in preseason.

Good grief...
I guess that you have not seen the games that Tim Hightower was in last year. Hightower performed significantly better than ingram.

Do you guys remember last year when Hightower was cut right at this very same juncture in the season.....we actually cut him twice........does anyone also remember when no other team picked him up so that when we had injuries (Robinson) he was right there waiting for us......in the middle of the ******* ************* season......? No other team added him.

But yes. Tell us more about how this new age Buford Jordan is better than Ingram.

I love the guy. Great story. But ****.

Hightower, however in those last four games three of them he did better yards wise on average than Ingram did all season. Was that the matchups though? Would Ingram have those yards too against those teams?

We prioritizing our RB is why our passing offense has had it's issues. We don't need an elite RB to win. Ingram does hold the passing offense back some.

Ingram blew Hightower's rushing numbers away no matter which games you choose from. Hightower's yards per reception during the final 4 games were slightly higher than Ingram's for the season, but you are talking about a total of only 12 receptions. That's an extremely small sample size. Ingram had 50 catches and was a good blocker. He did not hold our offense back.

This post is hilarious. Ingram is a top 10 back in the NFL and has gotten better every year. Hightower is average at best.

We also forget that Ingram is only 26. He is only JUST now getting into his prime.

This post is hilarious. Ingram is a top 10 back in the NFL and has gotten better every year. Hightower is average at best.

We also forget that Ingram is only 26. He is only JUST now getting into his prime.

Agree with this. Ingram has the upside. But,,, I hope we keep Hightower too, because he is not redundant.

Hightower is an old-school, 30 carry, 4 down RB. Ingram is always 1 jump cut away from ripping a big run.

On 1st or 2nd and 10 early in the game, I'm feeding Ingram.

On 4th and 2 with 2 minutes left in the game, I'm giving it to Hightower.

Sitting on a lead in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, I'm feeding it to Hightower. He seems to always be able to get 2-3 yards even when the entire defense knows he's getting it.

Agree with this. Ingram has the upside. But,,, I hope we keep Hightower too, because he is not redundant.

Hightower is an old-school, 30 carry, 4 down RB. Ingram is always 1 jump cut away from ripping a big run.

On 1st or 2nd and 10 early in the game, I'm feeding Ingram.

On 4th and 2 with 2 minutes left in the game, I'm giving it to Hightower.

Sitting on a lead in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, I'm feeding it to Hightower. He seems to always be able to get 2-3 yards even when the entire defense knows he's getting it.

Just my opinion, but I think Lasco provided what Hightower does. Hightower runs hard, but not very effective. He is a 3 yard per carry back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom