Ingram vs Hightower (1 Viewer)

scedotal

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Hightower is better right now. We will most likely stick with Ingram, but I thought Hightower ran harder and get more yards after contact than Ingram.

Hightower is not better. Ingram will be the starter, and will be one of the upper tier backs in the league. He just needs to stay healthy.

I have been Ingram's biggest critic, since he entered the league. You can't deny that he has improved every year and in every way possible. He is finding his lanes better, he's more active in the passing game, and his blocking has improved as well. Hightower, I like him, but he's just a bruiser, that's it. Which suits his role to a "T". We don't need him to be anything else. But he's not better than Ingram

The post you sometimes see on this site will blow your mind. So, you're saying a guy that is a backup and may end up being our 3rd best back this year is better than our bell cow? Better than a guy that is a top 20 back in the NFL and that has gained 60% of his yards in his career AFTER contact? This literally blew my mind.

Ingram is our best RB. Hightower is our only RB that can carry the ball 30 times, and take over a game in the 4 minute drill. Lasco is immensely talented, time will tell.

For me the decisions at RB are the most head scratching. Ingram, Spiller and Lasco are locks. Murphy has the ability to be dynamic on ST but he also has the ability to be a disaster. Cadet seems like he is lost in the numbers. Hightower could be a feature back or at worst part of a RB tandem. IMO the team either embraces Lasco as Ingrams back up or they bring back Hightower and carry 6 RB/FB which is a lot when you only play 2-3 on game day. I think Hightower gets cut and we carry 5 (Ingram, Spiller, Lasco, Murphy & Kuhn FB).

If cut Hightower will be playing for a team this season. Dude has been rocking it.

there is no debate in my opinion... plus with Murphy performance yesterday and Lasco being a lock, maybe Hightower is in the bubble, depends what the coaches are looking for. Upside or consistency.

In a perfect world Ingram is PT, Spiller is Bush and Hightower is Bell. Well Bell with the right cleats on.

Over the years I've seen many arguments as to who Ingram is better than. I'm sure it sucks being compared to everyone. If you're able to, post a video comparing the two videos. Numbers may not tell the whole story, but the "eye" tape will not lie.

Igram, Spiller, Lasco, cut Cadet/Hightower/Murphy. I doubt any of them makes it to a 53, we can always pick one of them back up. Lasco seems to be a solid combination of Ingram and Spiller. He's got some quickness to him and he seems to be willing to take a hit. Reminds me of PT actually. Let someone with better hands learn to return. Murphy is ok but he's not so much better that he's earned a roster spot just for punt returns.

It was last season I made this same mistake. I mentioned how Ingram was doing poorly and how it looked like Hightower was slashing defenses. Someone correctly said look at the yards per carry. Ingram doesn't look like he is gaining yards. Something about the way he runs makes a person think he must average 2 yards a carry. Hightower, on the other hand looks amazing. But on paper, is really just that 3 yards a carry back. Only advantage Hightower brings is that he can do it all as a complete back, just like Ingram can now, so it's not tipping a hand to the defense when we had Ingram (run), Thomas (screen or run), Or Sproles (dump off pass out in the flat). Defenses could cheat depending on the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingram = 7.0 YPC as well as caught a 7 yard pass last night.

Hightower = 3.0 YPC and -6 yards receiving last night.

:shrug:

There is no 'vs' situation here, they're both on the same team and are not in the slightest in competition for the same spot. I swear people have zero comprehension of what depth is for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom