Injuries and Offensive Line (1 Viewer)

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like we are having another injury plagued season. Half the offense is playing hurt and the offensive line is not helping protect the QB or open lanes for the run. We lost Landry, Smith, and Thomas today (hopefully they recover fast).

Winston didn't play too bad, but you can definitely see he is not getting a lot of time and maybe the pain is affecting some throws. The turnovers are definitely killing us and they need to clean that up. Also, Winston is taking about 4 qtrs to really get going. I know penalties killed most of the 1st half drives, but offense is just getting stopped constantly.

Also, shout out to Smith for stepping up and catching some balls today! Just seems like he never catches a break with injuries.

Not sure how the injuries will affect our season, but they need to try to stay as healthy as possible. On that note, did something change with the pads? A lot of rib injuries and Winston having fractures in his back. Seems weird to have so many rib injuries.

I also noticed that Carolina blitzed almost every down. Winston has to be quicker reading and finding that open guy in the middle. I know it's not all on Winston, but he has to be quicker when that time comes. Make the defense regret blitzing. It's going to be an interesting season for sure, but we should be able to turn things around. At least that's my viewpoint, but I'm always rooting for the Saints to win. It's just frustrating to see us lose, but Carolina did everything I hoped the Saints would do and cause turnovers and put points on the board.

I still don't think the sky is falling since we are only 3 games in, but the team has a lot of work and I want to see Dennis Allen fired up when they guys are making mistakes. Dennis is just too mellow on the sidelines. I just don't get it. He needs to get the team fired up.

Looks like we are having another injury plagued season. Half the offense is playing hurt and the offensive line is not helping protect the QB or open lanes for the run. We lost Landry, Smith, and Thomas today (hopefully they recover fast).

Winston didn't play too bad, but you can definitely see he is not getting a lot of time and maybe the pain is affecting some throws. The turnovers are definitely killing us and they need to clean that up. Also, Winston is taking about 4 qtrs to really get going. I know penalties killed most of the 1st half drives, but offense is just getting stopped constantly.

Also, shout out to Smith for stepping up and catching some balls today! Just seems like he never catches a break with injuries.

Not sure how the injuries will affect our season, but they need to try to stay as healthy as possible. On that note, did something change with the pads? A lot of rib injuries and Winston having fractures in his back. Seems weird to have so many rib injuries.

I also noticed that Carolina blitzed almost every down. Winston has to be quicker reading and finding that open guy in the middle. I know it's not all on Winston, but he has to be quicker when that time comes. Make the defense regret blitzing. It's going to be an interesting season for sure, but we should be able to turn things around. At least that's my viewpoint, but I'm always rooting for the Saints to win. It's just frustrating to see us lose, but Carolina did everything I hoped the Saints would do and cause turnovers and put points on the board.

I still don't think the sky is falling since we are only 3 games in, but the team has a lot of work and I want to see Dennis Allen fired up when they guys are making mistakes. Dennis is just too mellow on the sidelines. I just don't get it. He needs to get the team fired up.

I don't understand why the Offensive/QB Coaches haven't practiced for the all out blitzes or loop blitzes with O-line, QB & Receivers...smh
The Offense looked completely lost when Carolina blitzed 😲😳

Can someone/anyone please tell me where was Tyrann Mathieu ???? Was he even in the game ????
* We should have "NEVER" let Ceedy leave...period dot 😤

I don't understand why the Offensive/QB Coaches haven't practiced for the all out blitzes or loop blitzes with O-line, QB & Receivers...smh

Can someone/anyone please tell me where was Tyrann Mathieu ???? Was he even in the game ????
Tampa was blitzing last week and it worked so Carolina added it to their game plan and we still didn't fix it.

So that is clearly on the Coaching Staff and it starts with the Head Coach 🤔😳
You are absolutely right and Dennis Allen should know that's how we got beat last week. It's his job to get the coaching staff to fix those issues. I'm not sure Dennis Allen keeps his job if he can't fix simple stuff.

Honey Badger was the second guy to whiff on the tackle on the long TD.

You are absolutely right and Dennis Allen should know that's how we got beat last week. It's his job to get the coaching staff to fix those issues. I'm not sure Dennis Allen keeps his job if he can't fix simple stuff.

I was hoping Dennis Allen would have had more fire 🔥 on the sideline but he looks like he's a caddy at the Majors writing notes 📝

Yep. Blitz and each time it’s like a brand new day. Been that way thru all three games so far.

I was hoping Dennis Allen would have had more fire 🔥 on the sideline but he looks like he's a caddy at the Majors writing notes 📝
At this point, he is just a familiar face that has longevity with the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom