Injuries apart...there was something missing in the Off all year (1 Viewer)

Saints have but two game changing talents. Kamara and Harris. And Harris is just starting to be used more regularly. Other than those two, we are very pedestrian on offense. On defense, we have a very SOLID group and have ZERO game changing type players. Very methodical and good defense. Not great players, just a number of solid players.

Devin White quote:
"I knew he was going to try to get the ball to Kamara," White said. "My coach already told me there was going to be a heavy dose of Alvin Kamara because he's really the only playmaker right now."

I can for surely say, that a few weeks in, most of us could see that Drew’s arm was kinda shot. Saw a few on here dismissing the “air yards” stat. The problem with deficiencies, is that they are magnified in the playoffs. Opposing teams will key in on that and those with talent can take advantage of them. I kinda wished we had smaller/shifter WRs, in the quicker mold (doesn’t have to be speedy). Those guys can create separation and work the first down markers. I think that would’ve helped Drew more.
They can turn 5 into 15. We had a lot of 5 and get tackled right away.kamara and harris did it on occasion but that's about it.

The season was never going to be normal
thanks to Covid. In my opinion the 2020 it season will always have an asterisk next to it just like the strike shortened season.

That the D had.....

There was intensity, passion, energy and a " togetherness" that I saw from the D

The Off , minus that 6 TD gm from Kamara, just seemed blah....even if the stats might indicate otherwise.....

Or maybe it was just the injuries. But I think, the fact that this might be Drew's last year, hung a dark cloud on this Off all year...the game against TB showcased it in clarity.....

But, I believe.....in Gayle Benson , Loomis and SP. FOr those might think that we might go back to being in the cellar of the NFL, I say...you are wrong. As long as that trio is here, the Saints will contend !!!!

GEAUX SAINTS !!!!!

Yes the offense have been off for the past 4 year. More so this year than ever. But I take 11/12 wins each of the past 4 season than trying to be the same offense of 2011.

Yeah, our players were missing. Drew missed 4 1/2 games, MT missed 9 games, AK and Lat Murray each missed 1, and i lost track of how many games missed between sanders, Callaway, TQS, Deonte.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom