Injuries DID play a part. The season is over playoff wise but yes injuries did affect the outcome. (1 Viewer)

Green Bay has been hit pretty bad with injuries, losing 5 starters on D:

The Packers already were without five key contributors: cornerback Sam Shields (concussion), outside linebacker Clay Matthews (ankle, hamstring), safety Morgan Burnett (groin), defensive tackle Letroy Guion (knee) and defensive end/outside linebacker Datone Jones (knee).

Yet they are in the top 15 in total Defense and Points allowed.

Again, I'm not saying injuries don't matter. They matter a lot and even more to us because of our depth issue.

My point is that other teams handle it better, like the Packers.

Only 4 of those are starters. The other is a backup. And only 3 of those starters actually missed last game.

We had double the starters miss the game last night.

I understand your point, but there's still no team that I can think of that overcomes this many injuries to starters on defense.

The Packers already were without five key contributors: cornerback Sam Shields (concussion), outside linebacker Clay Matthews (ankle, hamstring), safety Morgan Burnett (groin), defensive tackle Letroy Guion (knee) and defensive end/outside linebacker Datone Jones (knee).

Again, I'm not saying injuries don't matter. Injuries DO matter, especially to us because of our depth issue.

The same defense that just let the Lions hang 28 on them? I mean no it's not 45, but 7 of those were a pick six and another seven were basically a muffed punt. So 31 and 28 are pretty comparable

Edit: My bad, it was 27, not 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, I'm not saying injuries don't matter. Injuries DO matter, especially to us because of our depth issue.

And the Packers defense gave up 385 yards passing, 3 TDs and 27 points to the Lions and almost lost the game for them after they had a commanding 31-10 lead at halftime.

The other thing that people failed to mention or realize with all of these defensive players being injured is that it affects your ability to rotate players in/out to keep them fresh. So, by the end of the game your defenders are wearing down and not as effective.

You can also add Keenan Lewis to the list as well because if he was not injured, he would have not been released. Period.

I can only imagine how the secondary would have looked with Lewis on one side, Breaux on the other side, & P.J. in the slot. Would have been a nice secondary look, but oh well it won't happen now.

The other thing that people failed to mention or realize with all of these defensive players being injured is that it affects your ability to rotate players in/out to keep them fresh. So, by the end of the game your defenders are wearing down and not as effective.

Thats a key point. Last night the D was gassed well into the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom