Injuries, Officiating, Bosa (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Three general observations about the game:

1. Both teams yesterday were very healthy. How many starters were missing? Not many. It matters. Injuries very much affected the Saints' Super Bowl aspirations in 2018 and 2019.

2. The officials let them play. How many times was a quarterback hit in the head and there was no call? And overall the Chiefs got the calls.

3. Bosa was the second best player on the field and is already the one of the two best defensive players in the game (with Donald).

The bosa comment is very true. The funny thing is, is that chase young has looked better than bosa ever did at Ohio state. That is one of the reasons it wouldn’t totally shock me if cincy took young. That being said, I still think they take burrow.

The bosa comment is very true. The funny thing is, is that chase young has looked better than bosa ever did at Ohio state. That is one of the reasons it wouldn’t totally shock me if cincy took young. That being said, I still think they take burrow.

The Bengals are gonna Bengal. Whether they take Burrow or Young they will waste their careers. Either player makes sense for them. Young has game changing potential as a pass rusher and as a Buckeye has an Ohio connection. But of the two players, Burrow makes a little more sense. Their HC benched Dalton after a multiple INT game last year. So their Coach is ready to move on from Dalton and has no suitable replacement. So a Heisman winning local boy would make the HC happy and put butts in seats which would make terrible team owner, Mike Brown, happy. But it this the Bengals so who knows?

I keep hearing about how great Young is, but in the two Ohio State games I saw last season, he was underwhelming (Michigan and Clemson). If Cincy bypasses Burrow for Young, then they'd be even dumber than I thought.

Young certainly did not dominate against Michigan and Clemson. I am sure he will put great numbers at the combine. But I seriously question the talk that he is better than Nick Bosa.

I’m not saying young will be better than bosa but at times he has looked better than bosa did at the same school in the same system. That’s all I’m saying.

Who knows if the kid has bosa’s work ethic and drive.

Bosa looks like he's juicing. Otherwise, he's the strongest and fastest player in the league.

It makes you wonder. The Seahawks and 49ers always seem to have huge, fast, rocked up dudes all over the place on defense. Maybe the water is better out west.

It makes you wonder. The Seahawks and 49ers always seem to have huge, fast, rocked up dudes all over the place on defense. Maybe the water is better out west.

Bosa was my mvp for San francisco.....he was a definite force in the SB, and was held or attempted to be held on every KC offensive formation....the kid has it....when he went out with injury, KC rolled down the field.......

Bosa was my mvp for San francisco.....he was a definite force in the SB, and was held or attempted to be held on every KC offensive formation....the kid has it....when he went out with injury, KC rolled down the field.......

Taysom mentioned that we chipped Bosa on every single play against SF.

Pretty clear how SP views him.

Bosa is a beast, but let's slow it down a little. He has the advantage of rarely facing double teams. On a lesser team he wouldn't be as good. Take Cam for instance. When Davenport was healthy and he faced less double teams he was tearing it up. Once Marcus went down the protection slid to him alot more.

Bosa is one of the best DE's I've ever seen. That play he made against us (he somehow peddled back off the rush and tipped a pass in the flat to Kamara that would have gone for a long gain) maybe the most athletic, intelligent play I've ever seen from a lineman....barring injury he is going to be a force for years....

I don’t know.......sometimes I wonder if him & his brother are made of glass. His brother lost a ton of time for the Chargers, because he kept getting hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom