Injuries on defense (1 Viewer)

I agree with everything in this thread. However, our Defense is always gonna struggle until we get any kind of pass rush. And I know Rankins is hurt, I think he will be a great player for us, but I don't remember the last time we got any kind of pressure. For once it would be great to be able to get a turnover or 2.

In theory Jordan, Rankins, Fairly and Kikaha should get pressure. It may not be the type of pressure that hits a QB before he can finish his drop but it's the kind of pressure that just erodes a pocket.

In theory, if we have Ellerbe, Breaux and a healthy Lewis then QB's have to hold the ball longer because we actually have coverage too.

At least Williams, Harris and Crawley will get experience this year. I really think these guys can come along. Should be fun watching Crawley man up on OBJ next week, what could go wrong?

Not being able to catch a break defensively as it pertains to injuries makes you wonder if the style of offense we play will ever be conducive to good defensive teams due to the amount of snaps they are likely to encounter in a game.

More snaps = More Chances for Injuries.

How do you balance that out? As Clemms said...keeping more RB's than CB's when you are a passing team doesn't make much sense. Seems more likely you'll be thinner at CB before RB because of the usage rate of each groups.

I think 2010 really had a profound effect on Payton. That was the year we lost damn near every RB If I'm not mistaken and it was the last time that SP has allowed us to experience that...possibly at the expense of other positions.

Not disagreeing with your point but we sure always seem to get down to nothing by seasons end at RB also... Who were our RBs at the end of last year? I remember Ingram and Robinson being done for the season and Spiller gimping around all season...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom