RB Carlos Hyde (LP - Shoulder)

Full Practice
LB Nick Bellore (Shoulder)
DT Glenn Dorsey (Knee)
DT Arik Armstead (Shoulder)
G Zane Beadles (Ankle, Knee)
DT Ronald Blair (Ankle)
DT Quinton Dial (Knee)

Think we get a huge bonus with Robinson and Lynch being out for them, even bigger bonus if Hyde doesn't play either.

We'll miss Ellerbe, and Lasco for ST purposes. Weird to see no mention of Rankins even being activated? Maybe we are being smart with our injuries. SF isn't a team we need to rush back our injured CBs for.

In case the question is asked....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sheldon Rankins is still on IR. Doesn&#39;t have to be listed. Payton said today that decision will likely come Saturday.</p>&mdash; Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/794628767465570304">November 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Payton also stated he thinks Ellerbe will be available "down the stretch".

Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining, Sean. It took him 9 weeks to play 18 snaps before he got hurt yet again.

I've never wanted a player cut as badly as I want Ellerbe cut, and that includes Brandon Browner.

Saving him for the playoff run..
cf76594549c36a7810db5792ef1a076a64d3077af46cf5efc60a41bda2687e5b.jpg

Why oh why is a guy who can't get on the field for any entire game still on our roster?

That's the kind of thing you do for an elite player. Heck this guy is not even that.

They probably feel like they don't need him for this game. Why not sit him and only use him in critical games? It's probably the best way to use him at his point.

They probably feel like they don't need him for this game. Why not sit him and only use him in critical games? It's probably the best way to use him at his point.

This. Despite the coaching cliche that every game is equally important, I think that Seattle game was circled for SP for awhile.

He was willing to gamble with trying to get a few snaps out of a proven difference maker knowing he wouldn't be as necessary the following week.

That being said - since this is an injury thread, I apologize for my lack of pessimism.

Why oh why is a guy who can't get on the field for any entire game still on our roster?

We only have proof that Ell-injury is allergic to regular season. He may be immune to playoff games. I know it's a stretch...but it's all I've got.

Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining, Sean. It took him 9 weeks to play 18 snaps before he got hurt yet again.

I've never wanted a player cut as badly as I want Ellerbe cut, and that includes Brandon Browner.

You've beaten that horse to death.
Consumed the horse with fava beans and a nice chianti.
Digested the horse and excreted it.

Let it go, man.

Let it go.

This. Despite the coaching cliche that every game is equally important, I think that Seattle game was circled for SP for awhile.

He was willing to gamble with trying to get a few snaps out of a proven difference maker knowing he wouldn't be as necessary the following week.

That being said - since this is an injury thread, I apologize for my lack of pessimism.

So you think Payton put an injured player on the field to try to get a few snaps out of him before he inevitably got hurt again?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom