Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Time to feast.

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas will miss Week 2 against the Las Vegas Raiders while managing a training camp elbow injury

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Anyone know how serious Davenport’s elbow is? How long is he going to be out? it’s so aggravating with this guy. I had high hopes for him this year with a healthy season and bam he’s out the first two games. I didn’t get to focus on his replacements this past game since my internet was down, so I had to watch it on my damn iPhone over 4G. I see why we were after Clowney so bad cause this guy was going to be out for a while.

I think we will be ok without Thomas. Wish we would have him for the Green Bay game, but other than that the rest of the upcoming schedule doesn’t look so bad. Hopefully he will be back at least by the Bears game, but earlier like the Green Bay game would be nice. Hopefully we can lean on the running game of Kamara, Murray, Taysom, and Harris while he’s out.

Looks like we will see Ruiz get his first snaps as a Saint.

Last edited:
OP
Saint Kamara

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Anyone know how serious Davenport’s elbow is? How long is he going to be out? it’s so aggravating with this guy. I had high hopes for him this year with a healthy season and bam he’s out the first two games. I didn’t get to focus on his replacements this past game since my internet was down, so I had to watch it on my damn iPhone over 4G.

I think we will be ok without Thomas. Wish we would have him for the Green Bay game, but other than that the rest of the upcoming schedule doesn’t look so bad. Hopefully he will be back at least by the Bears game, but earlier like the Green Bay game would be nice. Hopefully we can lean on the running game of Kamara, Murray, & Taysom while he’s out.
I'm expecting Tommy John surgery with his luck.

Last edited:

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
Nearly 25% games missed. And that’s not including the games he left hurt.

We are entering a stage of his career - while I highly doubt they release him - it wouldn’t come as a total shock if they did. He has no trade value at all. Only positive is that they haven’t IR’d him. Nothing would come as a shock really. Everything with him is just, for lack of a better word, peculiar.

There is virtually no way they pick up the 5th year option after this year (5th year option has to be between last regular season game of year 3 and beginning of next league year) unless he dramatically turns the corner. IMO in year 3, the bust talk is legit. I don’t think he is there yet, but the idea is planted. Talent all there, but you can’t help the club in the tub.

lades

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know how serious Davenport’s elbow is? How long is he going to be out? it’s so aggravating with this guy. I had high hopes for him this year with a healthy season and bam he’s out the first two games. I didn’t get to focus on his replacements this past game since my internet was down, so I had to watch it on my damn iPhone over 4G. I see why we were after Clowney so bad cause this guy was going to be out for a while.

I think we will be ok without Thomas. Wish we would have him for the Green Bay game, but other than that the rest of the upcoming schedule doesn’t look so bad. Hopefully he will be back at least by the Bears game, but earlier like the Green Bay game would be nice. Hopefully we can lean on the running game of Kamara, Murray, Taysom, and Harris while he’s out.

Looks like we will see Ruiz get his first snaps as a Saint.
I expect that Davenport will be back next week. If they thought he was going to be out 3 or more games, he would have been put on IR.

Whodat GT

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Nearly 25% games missed. And that’s not including the games he left hurt.

We are entering a stage of his career - while I highly doubt they release him - it wouldn’t come as a total shock if they did. He has no trade value at all. Only positive is that they haven’t IR’d him. Nothing would come as a shock really. Everything with him is just, for lack of a better word, peculiar.

There is virtually no way they pick up the 5th year option after this year (5th year option has to be between last regular season game of year 3 and beginning of next league year) unless he dramatically turns the corner. IMO in year 3, the bust talk is legit. I don’t think he is there yet, but the idea is planted. Talent all there, but you can’t help the club in the tub.
Slow down... they´ll pick up his option if he plays well this year. When he is on the field he plays well. At least the injury he is dealing with is not in his lower body, and they seem to expect him back in a week or two (since he is not on IR).

j4m2b

Rookie
Reaction score
I remember working with a person who bought a pontiac firehawk. He claimed it was the better tuned version of the trans am. He would constantly brag how fast his car was and no one else at work had a car the was faster. No sooner than you know, he was getting dropped off and picked up by his mother.

One day while his car was not working, he ranted how fast it was. A co-worker of mine said, “ You have the fastest car under tree.” It was the moment we all been waiting for. His fast car could not get him to work.

Davenport reminds me of that story. We have one of the most physically athletic rusher on the bench.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Saints vs. Panthers injury report: Michael Thomas limited with new injury SR News Page Articles 0
Saints-Panthers Injury Report: Michael Thomas now dealing with hamstring issue Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Panthers Wednesday injury report: Michael Thomas dealing with a hamstring Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Chargers vs. Saints injury report, betting odds: Michael Thomas out, Joey Bosa questionable SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 22: Recent injury report has star wide receiver limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bladerunner Wednesday‘s Injury report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Saints vs Chargers final injury report: Janoris Jenkins out, Marshon Lattimore questionable Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Injury report: 3 Saints ruled out, 6 are questionable for Monday night against Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Injury report (Ram full, Jenkins out. Lots of questionable). Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Saints' Michael Thomas limited with hamstring injury in addition to ankle; 4 miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas now listed with hamstring injury along with ankle Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Marcus Davenport on Returning from Injury, Saints D-Line Performance through Week 6 SR News Page Articles 0
Keenan Allen questionable to return with back injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
superchuck500 Dak Prescott suffers leg injury (Update: Ankle surgery, out for season) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 101
Saints rule out Thomas but say not due to injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Panthers shut down facility ahead of Saints game after unconfirmed positive test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to play Panthers in Superdome this Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints 1st Quarter + 1 Game Report Card (Offense, Special Teams, Coaches) SR News Page Articles 0
Report: Michael Thomas held out of Chargers game and fined, not suspended by Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: NFL owners to vote on moving next New Orleans Super Bowl back one year to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Chargers vs. Saints: Pregame Report SR News Page Articles 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas ruled out for Monday night after altercation with teammate Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rule out WR Michael Thomas for Monday's game against Chargers: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints 1st Qtr. Report on the Defensive Unit Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Andrus Saints coach Sean Payton says WR Michael Thomas' discipline is over SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas' discipline from Saints is over, but will he play Sunday? Sean Payton declines to say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton: Michael Thomas’ discipline over, we’ll see if ankle’s OK Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' discipline of Thomas over; ankle unclear Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Mauricio [Mod Edited Title] (What would you think of offering...) Thomas for a first round pick (?) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 48
Fleur-de-Links, October 19: Michael Thomas says he will return next week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Who is Sarah Thomas? The story behind the NFL’s only female official SR News Page Articles 0
Deuuuuce Where does Michael Thomas rank amongst the greats Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
Dan in Lafayette Michael Thomas On First Take: I’ll Be Back Next Week SR News Page Articles 0
Saints WR Michael Thomas says he'll be back next week for Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton sends right message with Michael Thomas fine Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Michael Thomas breaks silence on suspension for punching Saints teammate prior to Week 6 SR News Page Articles 0
ndcc Saints Michael Thomas breaks his silence Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
Saints didn’t suspend Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Do the Saints have a Michael Thomas problem? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere More details emerge about last week's Mike Thomas incident Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 208
Michael Thomas' return among five things Saints need for a post-bye reboot Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Michael Thomas has 17 yards receiving, Saints offense is averaging 30.6 ppg Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Saint Kamara Michael Thomas' return will be more than welcome Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Falcons fire coach Dan Quinn, general manager Thomas Dimitroff Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas, C.J. Gardner-Johnson altercation results in Thomas not playing Monday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
UPDATE: Saints WR Michael Thomas OUT vs. Chargers, apparent disciplinary issue cited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rule out Michael Thomas for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nolan Mike Thomas out for MNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 153