Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Time to feast.

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas will miss Week 2 against the Las Vegas Raiders while managing a training camp elbow injury

They have three bodies on the practice squad they can dress as well. I think they will be limited with their game plan. Biggest thing is a good rotation by Saints to fatigue these guys and exploit their weaknesses. The longer this game goes the weaker their offense will be.

Anyone know how serious Davenport’s elbow is? How long is he going to be out? it’s so aggravating with this guy. I had high hopes for him this year with a healthy season and bam he’s out the first two games. I didn’t get to focus on his replacements this past game since my internet was down, so I had to watch it on my damn iPhone over 4G. I see why we were after Clowney so bad cause this guy was going to be out for a while.

I think we will be ok without Thomas. Wish we would have him for the Green Bay game, but other than that the rest of the upcoming schedule doesn’t look so bad. Hopefully he will be back at least by the Bears game, but earlier like the Green Bay game would be nice. Hopefully we can lean on the running game of Kamara, Murray, Taysom, and Harris while he’s out.

Looks like we will see Ruiz get his first snaps as a Saint.

Last edited:
Anyone know how serious Davenport’s elbow is? How long is he going to be out? it’s so aggravating with this guy. I had high hopes for him this year with a healthy season and bam he’s out the first two games. I didn’t get to focus on his replacements this past game since my internet was down, so I had to watch it on my damn iPhone over 4G.

I think we will be ok without Thomas. Wish we would have him for the Green Bay game, but other than that the rest of the upcoming schedule doesn’t look so bad. Hopefully he will be back at least by the Bears game, but earlier like the Green Bay game would be nice. Hopefully we can lean on the running game of Kamara, Murray, & Taysom while he’s out.
I'm expecting Tommy John surgery with his luck.

Last edited:
Nearly 25% games missed. And that’s not including the games he left hurt.

We are entering a stage of his career - while I highly doubt they release him - it wouldn’t come as a total shock if they did. He has no trade value at all. Only positive is that they haven’t IR’d him. Nothing would come as a shock really. Everything with him is just, for lack of a better word, peculiar.

There is virtually no way they pick up the 5th year option after this year (5th year option has to be between last regular season game of year 3 and beginning of next league year) unless he dramatically turns the corner. IMO in year 3, the bust talk is legit. I don’t think he is there yet, but the idea is planted. Talent all there, but you can’t help the club in the tub.

Anyone know how serious Davenport’s elbow is? How long is he going to be out? it’s so aggravating with this guy. I had high hopes for him this year with a healthy season and bam he’s out the first two games. I didn’t get to focus on his replacements this past game since my internet was down, so I had to watch it on my damn iPhone over 4G. I see why we were after Clowney so bad cause this guy was going to be out for a while.

I think we will be ok without Thomas. Wish we would have him for the Green Bay game, but other than that the rest of the upcoming schedule doesn’t look so bad. Hopefully he will be back at least by the Bears game, but earlier like the Green Bay game would be nice. Hopefully we can lean on the running game of Kamara, Murray, Taysom, and Harris while he’s out.

Looks like we will see Ruiz get his first snaps as a Saint.

I expect that Davenport will be back next week. If they thought he was going to be out 3 or more games, he would have been put on IR.

Both the Raiders starting Tackles are doubtful, and both starting guards are questionable? Ouch. From strength to weakness in one week.
Wow! If this is true our D line should have their way with them. It should get very ugly for Carr.

Nearly 25% games missed. And that’s not including the games he left hurt.

We are entering a stage of his career - while I highly doubt they release him - it wouldn’t come as a total shock if they did. He has no trade value at all. Only positive is that they haven’t IR’d him. Nothing would come as a shock really. Everything with him is just, for lack of a better word, peculiar.

There is virtually no way they pick up the 5th year option after this year (5th year option has to be between last regular season game of year 3 and beginning of next league year) unless he dramatically turns the corner. IMO in year 3, the bust talk is legit. I don’t think he is there yet, but the idea is planted. Talent all there, but you can’t help the club in the tub.

Slow down... they´ll pick up his option if he plays well this year. When he is on the field he plays well. At least the injury he is dealing with is not in his lower body, and they seem to expect him back in a week or two (since he is not on IR).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom