Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? (1 Viewer)

I remember working with a person who bought a pontiac firehawk. He claimed it was the better tuned version of the trans am. He would constantly brag how fast his car was and no one else at work had a car the was faster. No sooner than you know, he was getting dropped off and picked up by his mother.

One day while his car was not working, he ranted how fast it was. A co-worker of mine said, “ You have the fastest car under tree.” It was the moment we all been waiting for. His fast car could not get him to work.

Davenport reminds me of that story. We have one of the most physically athletic rusher on the bench.

Both the Raiders starting Tackles are doubtful, and both starting guards are questionable? Ouch. From strength to weakness in one week.
Wrong Lt Kolton Miller is good to go .( has no injury I’m aware of.). Starting Rt Trent Brown probably missing the game. Sam Young is the swing tackle has groin injury.( probably out to). Best six man offense lineman , Denzel Good will play Rt.( did a great job in week one. They probably give him help with Te( Jason Witten) . Both guards will play , and interior is very deep.( although Denzel Good playing Rt hurts the depth somewhat as he’s the first one off the bench at guard.
Raiders will be fine on the offense line unless they get another injury at tackle. Brandon Parker #75 no Raider fan wants to see him in the game.

Wrong Lt Kolton Miller is good to go .( has no injury I’m aware of.). Starting Rt Trent Brown probably missing the game. Sam Young is the swing tackle has groin injury.( probably out to). Best six man offense lineman , Denzel Good will play Rt.( did a great job in week one. They probably give him help with Te( Jason Witten) . Both guards will play , and interior is very deep.( although Denzel Good playing Rt hurts the depth somewhat as he’s the first one off the bench at guard.
Raiders will be fine on the offense line unless they get another injury at tackle. Brandon Parker #75 no Raider fan wants to see him in the game.

LOL I’ll take 6 sacks

Just chewing on the math with Davenport...

He landed on IR yet again during the 2019 season
+
The Saints went “all-in” to try to land Jadeveon Clowney.. apparently willing to try to pull a deal that would have paid him in the $12M - $15M range for 1 year.
+
Smoke around the topic of the Saints being worried/fed-up with Davenport’s lack of consistent availability.
+
Additional smoke around Davenport concerning the potential that he battles depression or a different mental health issue.

=

Me having very little faith that Davenport will ever be the player we all hoped he would be for the Saints... not for a lack of talent or ability, unless you count one very important ability.. availability

OK, before you guys get your screens all sticky, the Raiders OL will be fine.

- Both STARTING OTs are NOT out. our LT is fine and will shut down whoever you line up. our RT, and his BACKUP were hurt. but our SWING OT/OG came in and played his arse off. THAT could be an issue - we'll see. but the line is not a disaster.

- true, we didn't practice as a complete unit this week. because we often rest Incognito & Hudson, and that's not a problem, believe me. the only guys who were out all week (and we don't know about today) were the 2 injured RTs. fine by me, get the guy who's gonnna play the reps.

our line has been together forever - we're a veteran unit that knows the playbook inside-out and Cable is a great OL Coach . a couple guys not getting reps is not my biggest concern.

PS - looking forward to your rookie Ruiz getting his 1st live snaps... after no preseason action. :hihi:

OK, before you guys get your screens all sticky, the Raiders OL will be fine.

- Both STARTING OTs are NOT out. our LT is fine and will shut down whoever you line up. our RT, and his BACKUP were hurt. but our SWING OT/OG came in and played his arse off. THAT could be an issue - we'll see. but the line is not a disaster.

- true, we didn't practice as a complete unit this week. because we often rest Incognito & Hudson, and that's not a problem, believe me. the only guys who were out all week (and we don't know about today) were the 2 injured RTs. fine by me, get the guy who's gonnna play the reps.

our line has been together forever - we're a veteran unit that knows the playbook inside-out and Cable is a great OL Coach . a couple guys not getting reps is not my biggest concern.

PS - looking forward to your rookie Ruiz getting his 1st live snaps... after no preseason action. :hihi:

LT is fine and will shut down whoever you line up.

Thats a bold statement who is this legendary LT on the Raiders O-line if you mind me asking.

Last edited:
LT is fine and will shut down whoever you line up.

Thats a bold statement who is this legendary LT on the Raiders O-line if mind me asking.
Kolton Miller coming into his own in his third year. ( becoming a very good left tackle) Gruden was killed for taking him( reaching) instead of taking safety Derwin James. One of the few things Gruden got right.

Wow! If this is true our D line should have their way with them. It should get very ugly for Carr.
No Raiders have had a lot of injuries at guard over the years, that they can pull an exRaider off the street , and they won’t miss a beat. Only where injury becomes a problem is if they lose another tackle , and Brandon Parker has to play. God help Carr if that’s the case.

Kolton Miller - 15th overall pick of the 2018 draft. Gave up 7 sacks last year.
Every year the kid gets better, and this year he seems to have put it all together. His fellow lineman think he’s going To have a pro bowl season.

I expect that Davenport will be back next week. If they thought he was going to be out 3 or more games, he would have been put on IR.
Well we only have 1 week to go and he didn't come close to even practicing. Would be a miracle for him to suit up next Sunday.

Kolton Miller is a very solid (and I believe ascending) LT. He isn’t on the level of either of our OTs, but he has the potential to get there.

Hudson and Jackson are both very solid players and in the upper echelon in their respective position groups. Both are very tough and will play thru pain in the trenches.

Trent Brown is similar to to our own Marcus Davenport... very strong with the potential to dominate when healthy and motivated... but both are very consistent at being unhealthy and unmotivated. ..or so it seems

Well we only have 1 week to go and he didn't come close to even practicing. Would be a miracle for him to suit up next Sunday.

That’s part of the issue with Dav. The Saints listed him as “week to week” regarding his injury status... They didn’t IR him because they clearly think/thought that the issue would be resolved before the 3 week minimum IR stint this year would have been up...
Davenport is on a different time line apparently, and that could be the reason behind the reported motivational and mental health issues regarding Dav that have been rumored.

I think Davenport will likely not return until after the BYE week, if it all... he may end up opting for surgery if this continues to linger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom