Inmate has served 43 years for a murder he didn't commit (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
what do ya'll think about this one? I think he should have served time but no where near 43 years.

_________
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/15573557.html

Jerry Erving entered prison in 1965 for his role in a 1964 robbery. He sat drinking at a bar when a friend pulled out a gun and shot the bartender during a robbery. Erving grabbed three whiskey bottles and left in the getaway car.

Larry Hall pulled the trigger. He told Channel 6 News that he planned the crime all by himself. “He was just there with me. I was the shooter, but he's still there."

Even though Hall pulled the trigger and was sentenced to life, he was paroled more than 20 years ago. “I don't feel good about that or what happened. I don't feel good about that either." The scene of the crime no longer exists, it's now an empty lot.

They should have executed him.

So wait a minute. The guy that pulled the trigger is out, the accomplice is still in? ***.

If he's not guilty, he doesn't need the bill of rights. It's very simple.

yeah they should both be in prison or executed. he became part of the crime when he took part in it....

And O. J. has had several years of freedom even though he did.

It's one of those situations that makes you shake your head. It defies logic. 43 years seems long enough for his part in the event. 20 years seems short for his friends part.

Execute everyone. Including the cops and the judge.

yeah they should both be in prison or executed. he became part of the crime when he took part in it....

Stealing three bottles of hooch is absolutely deserving of the death penalty. No question.

How's this... 30 years wrongly imprisoned and he had nothing to do with it, was not even near the scene, was named as an accomplice by the mobster who did the actual killing out of retaliation (along with 3 others), the FBI knew he wasn't involved but let him get convicted anyway...

http://bostonjustice.blogspot.com/2007/07/joes-still-waiting-on-world-to-change.html

He was recently cleared, and the innocents were recently awarded over $100 million in damages.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...red_to_pay_1017m_in_false_murder_convictions/

Last edited:
Stealing three bottles of hooch is absolutely deserving of the death penalty. No question.

Watching your friend kill a man, then stealing from the guy that just got killed and jumping in the car with the guy that just killed somebody and leaving is a lot different than just "stealing three bottles of hooch." This guy should be locked up for life, and the killer should have been given the death penalty long ago.

he took part in a crime that cost a man his life. yes its worthy of spending his life in jail. however, i do believe the system failed and allowed one of the players in this crime out of prision.

he took part in a crime that cost a man his life. yes its worthy of spending his life in jail. however, i do believe the system failed and allowed one of the players in this crime out of prision.

no he didn't cost the man his life, the other dude did, so why the **** should he be in jail for life? he didn't pull the trigger, he didn't even know the trigger was gonna be pulled....are you serious??? i will pray for you:worthy: lord please show this man the light before it's too late

I'll be honest, if I'm with somebody I know and they kill somebody right in front of me (without me knowing they were going to do it) I'm leaving with them too. Now I would go to the police as soon as I could get free from the killer; but I do not want him to think I think he did anything wrong and kill me too.

The article does not state if he called the cops later, was he scared for his life from the killer, whether he took the bottles so the killer thought he was ok with what happened, etc. So i'm not gonna assume, but suppossedly he was an innocent bystander (who stole 3 bottles) of the actual crime; but became an accomplish under the law because he was with the shooter. Jail yes if he did not go to police, but 43 years.

I see people saying life or execution for the guy; can you be more specific of why you feel that since he didn't pull the trigger, wasn't the lookout guy, and didn't know the crime was about to happen?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom