Inquiry about Bogalusa Paper Mill smell (1 Viewer)

Kicks

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm looking at maybe purchasing some property about 4.5 south of the Bogalusa paper mill. With my allergies and bad reaction to foul odors I'm wondering if the ordor from the mill would be noticeable there. I'm going to visit the area soon but would like an honest evaluation from someone who knows that area.

I'm looking at maybe purchasing some property about 4.5 south of the Bogalusa paper mill. With my allergies and bad reaction to foul odors I'm wondering if the ordor from the mill would be noticeable there. I'm going to visit the area soon but would like an honest evaluation from someone who knows that area.

I have no information, but I'd also ask about local tap water taste/smell and look at any government water test results.

Very likely. When the wind would come out of the north east,some days,you could smell it in Covington.

Grew up in Picayune, 20+ miles SSE. When the wind was blowing S there was no doubt the papermill was making paper.

Live in Picayune and yes we do get the smell. That smell will just engulf you at times.
I would pass on that property.

I grew up smelling the paper mill from Bastrop. I tell my wife (who hates it) that it smells like home.

we had one in West Monroe at my childhood home as well (its actually only a couple of miles from Duck Dynasty)

I always thought the one in Bastrop smelled worse when I went up there. I guess its like getting used to your own gas.

Haven’t smelled it in years and I go through there pretty often.

Used to be overwhelming when I was a kid. Like gag inducing.

Not even sure it’s a papermill anymore

We used to go up there to play football in high school. Was horrible.

we had one in West Monroe at my childhood home as well (its actually only a couple of miles from Duck Dynasty)

I always thought the one in Bastrop smelled worse when I went up there. I guess its like getting used to your own gas.

I grew up in Sterlington, so I could have got the smell from either one of them. I also worked several years at the papermill in West Monroe when it went through a major addition. At that time I lived close to Wham Brake which had a lot of smell also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom