Inserting a piece of Kyle Shanahan's scheme with Payton's, I think Drew would have success in 2021 (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Don't beat me up too much it's only an idea.

What I admired about Kyle Shanahan's offense is that it does not rely on elite quarterback play to run it. The quarterback just has to be competent enough to make the right plays. I believe Drew can do that. The downside to going into a system like Shanahan's is that Michael Thomas is pretty much useless in it. Guys like Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray, Deonte Harris, Marquez Callaway, and Tre'Quan Smith would strive in it.

As stated before, it's only an idea. I am basing this off on the success John Elway had with Kyle's father Mike in Denver.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Kamara 1st 4 years in the league--5.0 yards per carry, 58 tds

Terrell Davis 1st 4 years in the league---4.9 yards per carry, 61 tds.

A great TE is all that Kamara has been missing here his entire career to help Brees.

How ironically fitting that a guy like Cook was a primary reason that they failed to advance.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really feel like we should utilize Belichick’s deep crossing route he used so much with Welker/Amendola/Edelman. And use Andy Reid’s “patented” diagonal fly route he uses with Tyreek Hill every game. Any WR can run those crossing routes successfully and Deonte Harris and Callaway can run those diagonals. You wouldnt need a huge arm QB to make those throws.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
I really feel like we should utilize Belichick’s deep crossing route he used so much with Welker/Amendola/Edelman. And use Andy Reid’s “patented” diagonal fly route he uses with Tyreek Hill every game. Any WR can run those crossing routes successfully and Deonte Harris and Callaway can run those diagonals. You wouldnt need a huge arm QB to make those throws.
Like this one by Jalen Waddle?

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Like this one by Jalen Waddle?

yep. That’s the one lol.

im pretty confident Waddle won’t be there when we pick, but I wouldn’t be upset if we grabbed Kadarius Toney out of Florida or Marquez Stevenson out of Houston. Both have game breaking speed and should be available on day 2

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Same thing I mentioned in another thread. Small/shifty/quick WRs (don’t have to have speed...just burst off the line). Pick routes to get the chains moving. Plus, two TEs that are matchup nightmares (easier said than done). I can’t think of a scenario, where the team can implement that in one year. It would be easier to just add to what we have now.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty hard to call any offense that would make MT useless. A guy that can move chains even when they are blanketed in coverage. Obviously, we didn’t see that Mike in the last game but that is the one we typically get.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
Kamara 1st 4 years in the league--5.0 yards per carry, 58 tds

Terrell Davis 1st 4 years in the league---4.9 yards per carry, 61 tds.

A great TE is all that Kamara has been missing here his entire career to help Brees.

How ironically fitting that a guy like Cook was a primary reason that they failed to advance.
I love the Kyle Pitts pick. Gives Winston greatest chance at success and allows for N.O to be exceptional on the offensive side of the ball, thereby making the defense better.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
I love the Kyle Pitts pick. Gives Winston greatest chance at success and allows for N.O to be exceptional on the offensive side of the ball, thereby making the defense better.
I'm fine with Brees, Winston or Mac Jones if Pitts is here.

Probably even Hill.

Gumbo's Dad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If CGM really is disenchanted, how hard would it be to trade him for an elite TE? Assuming that Brees is not ready to retire of course. I still think he is the best qb on the roster. Until June 1 at least.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
If CGM really is disenchanted, how hard would it be to trade him for an elite TE? Assuming that Brees is not ready to retire of course. I still think he is the best qb on the roster. Until June 1 at least.
I think for CGM someone like Brees is his dream. Drew doesnt really throw deep anymore but is still highly accurate and M.T is an excellent possession reciever who runs great routes.

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think for CGM someone like Brees is his dream. Drew doesnt really throw deep anymore but is still highly accurate and M.T is an excellent possession reciever who runs great routes.
I know that this is dumb, but what does CGM mean? Thanks

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
yep. That’s the one lol.

im pretty confident Waddle won’t be there when we pick, but I wouldn’t be upset if we grabbed Kadarius Toney out of Florida or Marquez Stevenson out of Houston. Both have game breaking speed and should be available on day 2
Dyami Brown and Johnathan Adam Jr. Are two other names to consider.

I love Tamorrion Terry but he might be too stiff to run a crosser like that to perfection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom