Inside the NFL (1 Viewer)

First off, awesome post abou Al Davis. And yes, when a false happens it gets me a bit upset but I always think Drew can easily make that up.

We've almost reached that plateau where the Martz Rams teams were...just contemptuous of delay-of-game or false-start penalties. An attitude of "Pfft, we weren't shooting for that measly first-down marker anyway."

Everyone makes some excellent points here.
I would like to add that if Morstead can kick 3 outta 4 for
touch backs we will have a lot less to worry about on ST performance.
Reggie will have a better game i'm sure..duh.....and if PT plays
we stand a much better chance of keeping the fumble situation
under control with RB rotations.
That one Morstead punt that was returned for a big gain was a fluke, his punts will be much harder to judge with a little wind blowing. No free pass this week on the fair catch.
I am glad nobody is taking our defense seriously, this D did quite well for
their first time playing together in game conditions., i expect they will get better and better as the season progresses. They should be able to force PhillyCreamCheese
into playing from behind most of the game. Looking for stunts this week from Williams and a blitzkrieg. JMHO...peace.

The Kool Aid in here is chest deep. We're going to beat the Eagles by 20, 25, 30 points? They have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Our offense is good, but not invincible to a powerful defense. Can we beat them? Hell yea! But it will be a brutal game, and it will be a nail biter.

The Eagles do not have one of the best defenses in the Nfl. I'd argue they are third in their own division.

Eagles beat a good team in Carolina. Some of Carolina's turnovers were flukeish. We beat Detroit. I think however removing Bullocks and David we should beat the Eagles on this alone.

We added Evans at FB and Shockey is healthy along with our Wr's. We have good cb's and good safeties. We havent had this in the past 10-15 years. We will be good and beat the Eagles.

Notice a pattern here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/

The Eagles do not have one of the best defenses in the Nfl. I'd argue they are third in their own division.

Eagles were ranked 3rd in entire NFL overall defense in 2008
They are NFL ranked #1 overall so far this year. (I know, Panther's epic fail refelcts this mostly) Just like the phantom 27 the Lions put up on you last week. Both of our teams will know more about where they are after Sunday. I'm jsut hoping to "try" and slow down your offense and lots of Westbrook and McCoy out of the backfield. :9:

I wonder if the "experts" know our secondary has 3 out 4 new starters, compared to last year (Porter played 1 game).

Do they know Kolb has 0 tds and 4 ints in his little experience playing?

Now that we have Grant and Smith, the Eagles will not be able to run the ball. This might be a good game to even put money on, and I NEVER bet on my team.

It might be good that they pick us to lose, I'd rather that than for our players to read all these headlines that we're the best and nobody can beat us.

The Eagles' defense is stout and I am concerned about this game. Well, maybe cautiously optimistic is a better word. I feel better with Kolb back there than with McNabb, though. It all comes back to this, can the O-line protect Drew? If they can, then I like our chances. Drew is pretty much at the top of his game right now, he's seeing everything very well. Hope we get a few breaks to go our way, and Drew gets into a rhythm and we don't look back. :)

And then the analysts didnt give Saints enough love and I was all lookin at them out the corner of my eye like, you know, and then..THEN dey picked the Eagles to win and I was all OH NO YOU DINT GIRLFRIEND! The Saints are MY boyfriend and you DO NOT talk about MY boyfriend like that! It's ON!

The Eagles dominated the Panthers. This is the same Carolina team that beat New Orleans 5 of our 6 games in the Payton/Brees era. Sweep last year, and one of those games wasn't close. Why are these predictions hard to swallow? We all hope this team is new and improved, but they gave up 27 points. We can lament a loss all day because 17 points went to DST but it is still 27 points scored. Luckily the offense was up to the task and outscored the opposition. It isn't hard to believe that if the lowly Lions can score 27, the Eagles should be able to put up 35 or 40. Until this team proves it on Sunday, these predictions are right on the money.

The one thing about Kolb starting is that the entire team, both offense and defense, will step up to take the pressure off of him. This team is a good one and Drew and company are going to have to play 60 minutes of error free ball to get a win. The are going to ride Westbrook and I bet bring the house against Drew to get him off rhythm. Thus, our OL is going to be key to a victory and our special teams have to step up this week.

I have to agree JJ, I just hope that with the injury to Bushrod that they get him some help on that side, because the last thing we need is for Drew to get banged up in Philly. Its not the end of the world if the Saints don't win this one but it would be nice to get a W. Tough assignment though.

I remember in 1999, the Rams came out of the gate on fire and they matched up with the 49ers early in the season. All the national guys, and even the 49ers were saying Same 'Ole Rams, Same 'Ole 9ers. The Rams dismantled the 49ers and everybody jumped on the Rams bandwagon.

This could be the same sort of thing here. Everybody in the national media is going by the Saints and Eagles track record over the past 10 years to predict this game. The Saints need to win this game. With McNabb out, the Saints need to win this one and if they don't, Same Ole' Saints.

Not saying we couldn't still have a good season, but they won't believe us unless we win this game. It's setting up for us to win and if we are as good as we say we are, we need to win this one. No excuses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom