Inside the NFL (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What a bunch of morons! Almost all of them picked the Eagles over the Saints. Chris Collinsworth went so far as to say that Kevin Kolb would light up our defense!!

What a bunch of morons! Almost all of them picked the Eagles over the Saints. Chris Collinsworth went so far as to say that Kevin Kolb would light up our defense!!

I can't wait to see us play the Eagles. The thing is if we are for real we have to beat this team.

I can remember when it was on HBO (i don't have showtime) and quite a few times they picked us and got burned, the last couple years. So ya can't really blame 'em if they're skeptical. We've only beat Detroit.

The Kolb lighting us up thing is quite a stretch though.

I think he just said he thought he was gonna be good... but then again wasn't really paying too close attention.

He (Chris Collinsworth) also was the only person earlier in the show to take up for Brees.

Brown: With Tom and Peyton 1a and 1b QBs in the league... who else feels out the top 5?

Collinsworth: I'm not so sure we shouldn't be talking about Drew Brees in that #1 category. (did I have any double negatives in this paraphrase? :hihi:)

The one thing about Kolb starting is that the entire team, both offense and defense, will step up to take the pressure off of him. This team is a good one and Drew and company are going to have to play 60 minutes of error free ball to get a win. The are going to ride Westbrook and I bet bring the house against Drew to get him off rhythm. Thus, our OL is going to be key to a victory and our special teams have to step up this week.

I can remember when it was on HBO (i don't have showtime) and quite a few times they picked us and got burned, the last couple years. So ya can't really blame 'em if they're skeptical. We've only beat Detroit.

The Kolb lighting us up thing is quite a stretch though.

The Kolb lighting us up thing is foolish .

I don't care about their show at all but I believe the Saints will win on Sunday .

The one thing about Kolb starting is that the entire team, both offense and defense, will step up to take the pressure off of him. This team is a good one and Drew and company are going to have to play 60 minutes of error free ball to get a win. The are going to ride Westbrook and I bet bring the house against Drew to get him off rhythm. Thus, our OL is going to be key to a victory and our special teams have to step up this week.

Yep, the turnover battle could very well decide this one.

Doesn't surprise me. Everyone thinks the Saints defense is still last year's. The mirage of 27 points by Detroit is fueling that, but keep this in mind: Ten of their points came after very long special teams' returns (one punt, one kickoff), causing drives to start in the red zone. Another seven of those points were from the fumble return TD. That leaves only ten points scored on real "drives" by the Lions, and one of those (the TD drive) was helped by the fact that our rookie DB was covering Calvin Johnson one-on-one when Porter went out injured, accounting for 63 of Johnson's 90 yards on three catches. That means for the rest of the game, one of the league's best WR's went 27 yards on two catches. And of course the three interceptions are not considered either.

The defense played lights out, but the score seems to say differently. This is what comes from people not actually watching the game and thinking about what is happening. It's sort of how the FFL nuts at espn.com were saying to play the Lion's RB last week. I hope everyone took their advice and racked up those 20 big yards on 15 carries.

Eagles beat a good team in Carolina. Some of Carolina's turnovers were flukeish. We beat Detroit. I think however removing Bullocks and David we should beat the Eagles on this alone.

We added Evans at FB and Shockey is healthy along with our Wr's. We have good cb's and good safeties. We havent had this in the past 10-15 years. We will be good and beat the Eagles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom