Insomnia? (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have really bad insomnia and I was curious as to what you guy do to get to sleep. I have a secret combination that may or may not include ambien and gin.

This is my sleep cocktail that ive used for several years, to great effectiveness.. the first one, Power to Sleep PM, is a mix of natural, herbal ingredients that knocks me out pretty quickly, usually within one hour.. It has melatonin in it, but melatonin alone does nothing for me, unlike some people who swear by it... the second one, Amazon Basic Care Sleep Aid, is basically just a generic form of Unisom Sleep tabs.. the active ingredient, Doxylamine Succinate, is very similar to the active ingredient in Benadryl (Diphen-something), but doesnt give me nearly the hangover that Benadryl gives me... the Power to Sleep PM puts me to sleep quickly, whereas the Amazon Sleep Aid lets me get BACK to sleep if i have to wake up to pee, dog barking, etc... Some nights i just take one or the other, some nights i combine both... This cocktail is the result of MANY years of trial and error on my part, and is very inexpensive compared to products Iike Ambien, which as mentioned , is VERY dangerous (i have been there and done it, never again).. hopefully this cocktail will work for you, if not, everyone is different so maybe tweak the combo til you find what works for you.. as mentioned above, i find exercise to be very helpful as well, especially rigorous cardio exercise like running.. but for some of us, it’s just not enough- some of us just need extra help to get that sweet, sweet sleep.

292B1294-3BC1-4B43-9A8E-C320C061AE87.png

Why do you say ambien is dangerous stuff? I’ve never heard anything bad about it. I take the controlled release version.

I had a guy that worked with me who lived on the North Shore. He took Ambien and woke up the next afternoon at his son's house in Metairie. He had no idea how he got there... well he tried to get up and drive across the Causeway to come to work in the morning and crashed his car into the railing. He's lucky to still be alive and that he didn't go into the lake. He didn't remember any of it.

This is my sleep cocktail that ive used for several years, to great effectiveness.. the first one, Power to Sleep PM, is a mix of natural, herbal ingredients that knocks me out pretty quickly, usually within one hour.. It has melatonin in it, but melatonin alone does nothing for me, unlike some people who swear by it... the second one, Amazon Basic Care Sleep Aid, is basically just a generic form of Unisom Sleep tabs.. the active ingredient, Doxylamine Succinate, is very similar to the active ingredient in Benadryl (Diphen-something), but doesnt give me nearly the hangover that Benadryl gives me... the Power to Sleep PM puts me to sleep quickly, whereas the Amazon Sleep Aid lets me get BACK to sleep if i have to wake up to pee, dog barking, etc... Some nights i just take one or the other, some nights i combine both... This cocktail is the result of MANY years of trial and error on my part, and is very inexpensive compared to products Iike Ambien, which as mentioned , is VERY dangerous (i have been there and done it, never again).. hopefully this cocktail will work for you, if not, everyone is different so maybe tweak the combo til you find what works for you.. as mentioned above, i find exercise to be very helpful as well, especially rigorous cardio exercise like running.. but for some of us, it’s just not enough- some of us just need extra help to get that sweet, sweet sleep.

292B1294-3BC1-4B43-9A8E-C320C061AE87.png

here is my experience with this type of stuff, and zzzquil, unisom etc.

yes they work but 2 caveats (at least for me)

1. take it and go to bed. If I take it and if I'm at all active when it kicks in (even in bed reading) then not only do i not fall asleep but I'm hit with this wave of paranoia and restlessness that lasts for at least a couple hours. So I need to take it, get in bed and close my eyes

2. Make sure you're able to get a full 8 hours of sleep. You can't take something at 2am and get up at six. if you get up before it's worked it's way through your system, you are in for a rough day. I felt drugged all day. Like I had cinder blocks tied to my arms and legs

- Work out daily from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Get home around 8:45
- Shower
- (When applicable :hihi: ) - Make sweet love to my wife and give her the best 5.26 seconds of her life
- Maybe watch a little TV or read
- Profit

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom