Installing a Husband (1 Viewer)

We need to discuss this "memory" problem of you husbands out there. WHY can't you get a "list" correctly men? My husband has a great memory with work, fishing, beer to pick up, etc.

When I ask him to do something, he often "forgets."
The grocery list is the absolute worse.

MY list: Please get the following items:

Caffeine Free Diet Coke
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Bottled Water
Fettucine

He comes home with:

Coca Cola(regular one)
Chocolate Chip COOKIE DOUGH Ice Cream(blech)
"they were out of water" WT???
Spaghetti noodles

yeah, yeah, yeah, do it myself. Believe me, I will unless I just can't for some reason(sick or busy with a child, etc)

(1) Your husband instinctively knows how to find beer, go fishing, etc, etc.
(2) If you screw up enough times, your wife will give up and do it herself. There is no male self esteem to be gained by shopping for chocolate chip ice cream.
(3) Women like to plan (they dream about the hell that is the wedding since they're children, after all). Men like to react. Your husband is training you. Write a list down, give it to him. Then he will go and get what you want. If you just tell him, he's going to have forgotten about what you told him by the time he gets to the grocery store because he's going to be thinking about beer, fishing, football, and how hot that girl on aisle 7 is. He's ignoring your wishes because he cares about you.
(4) Chocolate chip ice cream is categorically inferior to chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. He knows this and wants you to have the very best.

LAMO....

ALready been through wife 1.0 and 2.0.. Neighter one were good opearating systems...

Girlfriend 1.0- 8.0 were better... and some of the earlier versions were a lot of fun and had some excellent entertainment packages... But also some of those version would just drag the computer down by being too complexe or too high maintaneince.

Girlfriend version 9.0 was OK, but it keept demanding that I install wife 3.0.. and eventually the whole computer crashed... By then it was outdated and I just got a new computer and started again.

Sometimes it gets real depressing, but if you just re-install Single guy 1.0 and go back to the basics.. it all works out...

Sometimes GF 3.0 and 6.0 keep showing back up and wanting to re-install themselves, but my old version of Single guy 5.5 just keeps on working and shuts them down.

I am very concerned about GF 12.0.. It is a very user friendly program...ANd always get my most important concerns complete without any hesitation. Steady.. Down to earth.. Only an ocassional glice, and they are not too bad... Usually a beer spilled on the keyboard starts it, but it never no more than a good re-boot fixes it.

What does concerns me about GF 12.7 , now that I've been using for a while.. Is that as much as I love the program. it might be best NOT to buy it, so that it can go to ANOTHER DEVELOPER, and become the true program that it should be... But it's such a good program.. If I really love this program.. I will do that... it could be developed into the best prgram ever... 50/50 chance

My biggest fear is that some other operating system come by and that sytem crash... Then I'll be stuck with an old pragram under a new name and marketing campaign...

I'll take an MS. over a MAC any day...

Joe

Last edited:
bee-gees-the-photo-xl-the-bee-gees-6234099.jpg

I may be telling secrets here, but I always felt that if you do something badly enough a few times, eventually they'll stop asking you to do it.

Words to live by.

Originally Posted by antipop
or they never stop asking you to do it, and complain about it constantly

That eventually stops too.

I may be telling secrets here, but I always felt that if you do something badly enough a few times, eventually they'll stop asking you to do it.

Or just do it your own way. Come home with

Caffeine Free Diet Coke
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Bottled Water
Fettucine
Newcastle
Oreos
milk
chips
meat
video games
and a new set of golf clubs
and then stop at the golf course on the way home

"Sure honey, I'll stop at the store for you again. Anytime."

yup. Planned incompetence is hardwired into the male brain.

Her nagging functionality must be on the blink. Sounds like she needs a tune-up. :smilielol:

Ahh huh, it works, believe me it works. I RARELY ask my husband to go to the store anymore. I used to ask quite often when needed, now, only if ABSOLUTELY neccessary.

theres nothing on that list he wants. add one or two things he wants, a small treat for doing a good job and I'll bet it improves. remember we are simple creatures, we think about our selves first every 10 seconds then food then sex then us then food then sex over and over again from the time we wake up till sometime during rem sleep.

Points taken Redlands. :9:

DevilDog: That is exactly what the male hears when the female speaks. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom