Intentional Safety? (1 Viewer)

Who???

Dear GAWD! Did you HAVE to go THERE? ( even mentioning brooks!) Those days for me are now, thankfully, long forgotten and out of my fractured psyche', now I may have to go back into therapy to shake the "has-been/brooks years"!

That's hilarious!! I was watching the game Sunday with a buddy of mine and he asked me who was the Saints QB prior to Brees. I honestly couldn't remember!! It was about ten minutes later when, much to his shock, I shouted out "BROOKS! It was Aaron Brooks."

Why didn't the punter just run around back there and go ob?

Why didn't Drew hand the ball to the lineman and let them play hot potato before fumbling it backwards where Reggie could pick it up and leap frog over Mike Bell and Heath Evans before dunking it over the goal posts and kicking it into the stands?

Why didn't Drew hand the ball to the lineman and let them play hot potato before fumbling it backwards where Reggie could pick it up and leap frog over Mike Bell and Heath Evans before dunking it over the goal posts and kicking it into the stands?

Actually that's what I thought was going to happen. Rather surprised when it didn't.

I was watching the replay of the game just now and noticed that Drew was looking down the field before taking the safety. You better believe that if someone would have been wide open he would have had a 99 yard TD.]

He certainly looked downfield on that play.

He was most likely looking to see if any defenders were around him so he could run some time off. If he would've passed it and it were incomplete (not likely, just saying), that would've led to a gimme TD for the Eagles.

just have to say, Brees throwing the ball downfield when the line of scrimmage is inside your own one yard line, on 4th down, would've probably been the dumbest thing i would have ever seen a team do, and thats saying something.

If its incomplete, Eagles are guaranteed 7. I can't believe ANYONE thinks that would EVER be the smart play.

WOW!
finally someone gets it... even if payton had taken an idiot pill and told drew to throw it if mc was streaking all alone down the field, brees woulda said, "uh, yeah, sure thing boss" and done exactly what he did

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom