Interested in Nnamdi Asomugha?? [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

He would be back to doing what he did best in the NFL for about a 5 year stretch, man to man coverage.

He hated that defensive scheme in Philly. Talk about a mismatch of talent and scheme.

Elite corners will give time for a pass rush to get to the QB.
While this is true, I think the opposite is even more true. I think a great pass rushdoes a better job of making the defensive backs look better than they are than vice versa. An elite corner can't cover every receiver. An elite pass rusher can create pressure even when hes getting double teamed etc.

Unfortunetly he has been the opposite of elite the last 2 years. I'll pass,.

Its the situation he was put in... He's not as bad as that would make him seem. Could turn out to benefit whomever signs him(hopefully us) because you'll get him for cheap.

I'd give him a shot no question, for the right price of course. Remember he excelled under RR, he could return to glory once again. Make it happen Loomis.

Went to Cal, Niners interested, we'd have to out pay them, which isn't something we can really do.

Reading tea leaves or legit knowledge? That's the downside with Twitter...

Reading tea leaves or legit knowledge? That's the downside with Twitter...

I don't see the ambiguity in the statement. "Per a league source" means someone told them "The Saints are in on this, too."

In another thread, I posted that we should close the idea on us looking at Nnamdi. Guess I was wrong.

Went to Cal, Niners interested, we'd have to out pay them, which isn't something we can really do.
He was also born in Lafayette. But the mutual interest to return to California, where he had his most success as a pro, makes sense. The chance to play on a loaded, championship-contending team surely helps too.

I'd rather the saints spend big money upgrading the pass rush before we shelled out a ton of money for an elite corner :/ If we can get him for a reasonable price I'd love it, but Im sure hes going to break the bank somewhere.

I totally disagree. Shore up your coverage then pin your ears back and blitz the passer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom