Interesting article on coaches (Payton mentioned) (1 Viewer)

Then there is the Saints' Sean Payton, the "mad visor," as they call him in New Orleans. He spoke volumes to his team in the offseason when he spoke their language. Money. Payton showed so much commitment to his guys and toward winning, he gave up $250,000 of his own money so the Saints could afford to sign defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. No doubt, the Saints, who put forth the most overwhelming offensive performance in Week 1, could not help but notice Payton's commitment

Very, very true. SPs commitment to winning is definately validated by that action.

And who calls him the mad visor? I like it though, just never heard of it in New Orleans.

I actually never thought about the impact Sean payton paying Gregg williams himself would have on the players.

Neither did I, which is why I posted the article in the first place. Funny, how it never occurred to me. I just know that if I were a player on a team, I would definitely feel obligated to do my utmost to win for a guy like that. He definitely put his money where his mouth was. And to think I recall reading some negative stuff about that at the time, yet now I see it in a very different light.

I liked this Lombardi statement at the bottom as well....Vince Lombardi said disciplined wills refuse to give in. In an era of so much lack of discipline, those coaches able to connect and instill old-school discipline are off to a great start.</p>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom