Interesting Brees Red Zone Stats (1 Viewer)

When the 2 interceptions was made was they bad throws or good steals?

This is the only game this year I did not get to see.

Even being a huge Brees fan, I have to say bad decisions, which is what makes it so surprising.

The first one, we had 3rd and 2 inside the 10 yard line. Brees is usually smart, and should have known not to force it and either run 2 yards for the first or dump it off. It's usually a no brainer for him, I don't know why he forced it. My guess is he bought into the hype that the game was going to be a shootout, and thought he had to score fast and furious.

That game was really Brees being anti-Brees. I guess it's bound to happen once in a while.

When the 2 interceptions was made was they bad throws or good steals?

This is the only game this year I did not get to see.

Bad decisions. Once it looked like he was trying to get it over the head of a "linebacker" that wasn't a linebacker but a Safety (who did make a good grab). The other was just inexplicable. No clue what happened to him there.

BAD throw .... he locked on to his wrs... and threw it into coverage... it's like he pannicked...

I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago visiting family and talked to several Charger fans. I talked to them about Brees and they all said the only gripe about him is red zone performance. ....

I strongly disagree. I watched the Chargers games in 2004 and 2005. Brees was money in the red zone, and a lot of it was Brees to Gates. It is too bad the situational stats for the last two seasons are not posted on NFL com. Brees was periodically leading the the whole NFL in the red zone over the last couple of years.

So yeah, you started a thread that is bogus. Proud of yourself?

...They pointed out how Brees took them to a 12&4 season, only to lose in the first rd......and then as he was getting closer to the playoffs, the worse he played....

Again, this is horsehockey. They went to the Playoffs in 2004; Brees was 'locked on' in the playoff game. His QB rating in that game was over 100. They didn't lose the game because of Brees. They went conservative in overtime, repeatedly running Tomlinson into the line for no yards, hoping to get away with a field goal on a wet field.

The Brees picks were killer yesterday. It is what it is. I hope they get it fixed. But there is no need to start making history up, because it serves no useful purpose.

Brees At-Cm-Yd-TD-Int 2004 63-42-374-20-1 2003 48-20-140-5-3 2002 63-39-209-13-3
I am still looking for 2005 redzone stats

Brees has thrown 3 intercepts for TD's in the last 3 games. He has to take responibility for that. Stats don't win games, smart plays do.

Next time run the DARN ball. Why do we even have Deuce if we're not going to use him in the Red Zone? Even Reggie ran the ball well. This was by far his best game running the ball.

found the 2005 stats
here are his totals so far
Year At-Cm-Yd-TD-Int
2005 52-32-295-16-3-92.54
2004 63-42-374-20-1-115.3
2003 48-20-140-5-3-57.98
2002 63-39-209-13-3-87.23
Totals 226-133-1018-54-10-91.03

Brees At-Cm-Yd-TD-Int 2004 63-42-374-20-1 2003 48-20-140-5-3 2002 63-39-209-13-3
I am still looking for 2005 redzone stats

2003 and 2003 are nothing to write home about. Nobody claimed they were. The o-line and the receivers (David Boston in 2003?) were a 'work-in-progress'. Brees broke out in 2004. That is the historical story. The guy was a hair width from being thrown under the bus. The guy was on the mat, taking the 8 count. But he came back and kept the $40 million man on the bench. That is his intangibles. No one said he is the prototypical. But it is the 'fight in the dog' that you get with Brees. It is the same with the Saints team this year. At the start of the season, Nobody, but NOBODY had these guys picked higher than last in the NFC south this year. From the mortal perspective, the story is still in progress.

Last edited:
Brees has thrown 3 intercepts for TD's in the last 3 games. He has to take responibility for that. Stats don't win games, smart plays do.

So your point is that Brees is not taking responsibility for his mistakes?

Next time run the DARN ball. Why do we even have Deuce if we're not going to use him in the Red Zone? Even Reggie ran the ball well. This was by far his best game running the ball.

I say, next time, try to do whatever you do, closer to perfection. You have to be unpredictable in this league and cannot limit yourself to playing just one way or another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom