Interesting Comments on Power Rankings Pages (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I love the comments on the power rankings pages. They usually don't hold anything back and are very opinionated.

About the Jets:
FoxSports said:

WHAT A SURPRISE:
Everyone thought he had "it" all summer, but until he went out and beat the Patriots in Week 2 nobody was 100% certain that the Jets could be a playoff team with rookie QB Mark Sanchez calling signals. Despite a rough Week 4, the kid's gonna be alright.
WHAT A LETDOWN: That said, it's no fun to see a seemingly good egg react poorly to a game-changing, goal-line INT against the Saints by chop-blocking at Saints LB Jonathan Vilma's knees. Hopefully, he got that out of his system.

Linkage/Source:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

About the Giants:
CBS Sports said:
They get a week off -- otherwise known as the Raiders at home -- before the big one in two weeks against the Saints in New Orleans. The key now is Eli Manning's health. They have to hope his foot injury isn't lingering.

Linkage/Source:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

I'm sure there are more good ones, but I just saw these two right off.

Wow. That Fox poll has the Eagles at #4? Above the Jets, Pats, Ravens, and Vikings?

You really have to wonder what Sanchez was thinking with that chop-block of Vilma? Did he know what he was doing? Was it an actual attempt to injure an opposing player and captain of the defense? Did he just have a brain meltdown at that moment? Some weird attempt to show his teammates that he was willing to risk his body to block someone, even though he wasn't blocking for his own team. Very strange.

Shouldn't Sanchez be fined for that hit? What if Vilma would have been seriously injured on that play?

That's the second time Sanchez has done it too. He did the same thing in an earlier game and was flagged for it. So it wasn't an isolated incident, it's a ill advised temper tantrum after making a stupid mistake. If he keeps it up he'll eventually pay dearly for it......

That's the second time Sanchez has done it too. He did the same thing in an earlier game and was flagged for it. So it wasn't an isolated incident, it's a ill advised temper tantrum after making a stupid mistake. If he keeps it up he'll eventually pay dearly for it......

i was hoping he was going to keep running and vilma would demolish him... ah... oh well... one can dream.

GW should've dialed up an overloaded blitz that left Vilma as the unblocked man on the next drive.

I'm not sure he wasn't trying to tripp up Vilma to cause Sharper to trip up. Stupid way of trying to make it happen but I think he was going for the domino effect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom