Interesting draft possiblity (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If our cards fall like this, which i hope they dont we could end up with a great linebacker and cornerback

rd 1 #10 Keith Rivers Lb USC Immediate starter
rd 2 Heres where im stuck there are three players who really stick out to me at this spot one being curtis lofton, two being jerod mayo, three being brandon flowers. I think we draft lofton if we pick up trufant in free agency but if we dont then we draft flowers
soo RD 1 and 2 played out again

Rd 1 Keith Rivers lb USC

RD 2 Brandon flowers/ curtis lofton: Depends on trufant in F/A

RD 3: Frank Okam Huge run stopper would be a key pickup for us.

Rd 4: Chevis Jackson: This pick can go to a couple of players but jackson can also return punts and kicks

rd 5: Markus Monk: Payton will be too tempted by Monk's 6'6 frame a lil slow but it could work out

rd 6 Eric Foster de rutgers: The more i watch him the more i like this kid. Has a good motor and a great first step.

rd 7: Jamie Silva: Just watch steal of the draft

Now our second or possibly third round pick comes down tp what we do in free agency. If we get our guy in trufant then we can afford to take rivers and lofton,mayo depending on whose there. But if we dont get trufant then we'll have to draft a corner like flowers who is great

I'm just about to the point where... if Ellis and Dorsey are both off the board... I'd hope we reached and drafted Curtis Lofton at #10 rather than take any of the other LBs or any of the CBs.

I'm really starting to sour on Rivers, the more I look into him.

I dont understand how this is a draft possiblity when Free Agency hasnt even started yet?......this is just a scenario that you would like to play out...but there is no evidence this is how it will play out.....so how is this a 'draft possiblity"...did we sign someone before FA period, did we fill a "need" position nobody knows about...including the Saints FO?

im saying that it's a possibillty IF we signed Trufant then we might draft two linebackers but IF WE DONT then we might draft flowers

i had the pleasure of seeing Frank Okam in all the home UT games this year.

He is an Ox. I would absolutely love to see him in B&G

DT Starks, CB Florence, WR Johnson
1. CB Jenkins 2. MLB Lofton 3. WR Bowman 4. DT Okam 5. OLB Gatewood 6. DT Shirley 7. TE Sperry

I'm just about to the point where... if Ellis and Dorsey are both off the board... I'd hope we reached and drafted Curtis Lofton at #10 rather than take any of the other LBs or any of the CBs.

Im glad your not our GM

because if we picked Lofton with our 10 i would kill you

we can easily get lofton in the 2nd round

With our first we should get a CB

If we like Mckelvin or whatever is last name is we should take him at 10 or if we want to take a chance with DRC than we trade down (i think the cowboys would make great trading partnerts)

Im glad your not our GM

That honestly made me laugh out loud.

I just trust that Lofton will be a really good NFL player more than any of the CBs or LBs in this draft. It's a personal opinion, but thanks for the laugh... seriously.

you could be right, but i personally think there are two OLBs who i'd take before lofton... if i could get gooden or connor *and* lofton, i'd be delirious, but not lofton @ #10

Im glad your not our GM

we can easily get lofton in the 2nd round

With our first we should get a CB

If we like Mckelvin or whatever is last name is we should take him at 10 or if we want to take a chance with DRC than we trade down (i think the cowboys would make great trading partnerts)

no we can't easily get lofton in the 2nd.
wait til after the combine, his draft stock will skyrocket to a top 20 pick, mark my words.

rivers is good but not top 20 good. lofton > rivers
hell, i wouldn't mind rivers at 22 or 28 with one of the 'boys picks, but thats only if lofton is off the board

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom