Interesting game factoid (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bears finished with almost as many punts as 1st downs. Chicago had 11 first downs and punted the ball 7 times. Im sure until the final Chicago drive had as many punts as first downs.

Thats a testament to N.Os defensive dominance

Bears finished with almost as many punts as 1st downs. Chicago had 11 first downs and punted the ball 7 times. Im sure until the final Chicago drive had as many punts as first downs.

Going off of memory, I want to say the Saints had the best defensive performance of all playoff games this weekend.

I just wish we would have made that final 3rd down stop early in that last Chicago drive. It was their one and only 3rd down conversion of the entire game. Just irks me when the game ends ugly. Should have been 28-3.

Going off of memory, I want to say the Saints had the best defensive performance of all playoff games this weekend.
Absolutely no doubt about that.

Chicago had 138 yards of offense before that last meaningless drive and were 0-9 on 3rd down conversions at that point.

That's dominance. We would have been pitching a shutout if not for the Taysom fumble. Imagine the final score really should have been 31-0.

Agree, and the offense did a great job with a couple of 7+ minute drives. Allowed the defense to stay fresh, and tough for the Bears offense to get into a rhythm!

Absolutely no doubt about that.

Chicago had 138 yards of offense before that last meaningless drive and were 0-9 on 3rd down conversions at that point.

That's dominance. We would have been pitching a shutout if not for the Taysom fumble. Imagine the final score really should have been 31-0.

To be fair we were pretty fortunate that Wims can’t catch.

To be fair we were pretty fortunate that Wims can’t catch.
Yes, with that haunting image of a flailing Williams holding on to his shirt in desperation. That dude still worries me. Might be better off not facing Seattle as they excel in the long pass plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom